Page 1 of 2 :: Viewing 1-25 of 47
Wish List Time! - Started by: BadKarma
Wish List Time!
Posted: 09 Sep 2013, 01:28 PM

Wish list time!

If you have ever had any thoughts of "Man, if only Side 7 had <insert feature>! It would be SO MUCH BETTER!", post them here! We're interested in what you have to say, and there's no better time than now to get your thoughts into the development process for v5!

RE: Wish List Time!
Posted: 09 Sep 2013, 05:10 PM

Just little thing like:

The comment rating system that we all used to have, rate it 0 to 10, and get account credits. Or something that helps us members get account credits.

-----
Weasel_Silver24 Gallery

Posted: 09 Sep 2013, 05:30 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 09 Sep 2013, 05:31 PM.
Weasel_Silver24:
Just little thing like:

The comment rating system that we all used to have, rate it 0 to 10, and get account credits. Or something that helps us members get account credits.

The comment rating system is being revamped, as is the whole Account Credits system. There will be many, many more opportunities to gain Account Credits. :)

-- BK

Posted: 21 Jan 2014, 03:16 AM

You already know my wish and if not ask me what it is and i shall tell you
but we both know what it is :)

For now keep up the hard work bud

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 05:00 AM

hiii :0c I am so sorry for derailing but I can't figure out how we should communicate something like this

I posted a thread:
https://www.side7.com/forums/thread/690/0#6039
where I asked a question, but my post isn't visible and the topic also does not appear to be showing up on the front page in "latest active forum threads." it seems like a glitch that someone should know about?

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the head's up. It probably just didn't get marked as published. I'll take care of that.

-- BK

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 03:33 PM

On the subject, I'd love an easy link for sharing specific comments/posts. I know the syntax, but currently I have to trawl through the page code to get the ID.

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 07:24 PM
Thorvald:
On the subject, I'd love an easy link for sharing specific comments/posts. I know the syntax, but currently I have to trawl through the page code to get the ID.

So, you're wanting a permalink on each post/comment?

-- BK

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 07:48 PM

That's the word! :P

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 07:48 PM

That's the word! :P

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 07:56 PM

My wish list?

1). The possibility of changing the colors - green is okay but maybe eventually a few other color choices?
2). A journal feature for everyone's accounts?
3). Eventually a way to purchase memberships? (Kind of like DA has but maybe not quite so expensive????)
4). A 'friend' list (as in we can see who we've befriended) in addition to the 'friend feed'?
5). Maybe tweak the message system a bit - a few more fonts, size, emojis?
6). Maybe also on the main page a section for those who've submitted lit or music pieces? (Or this may be on there already and I've just been overlooking it...)
7). This one may not be possible but...how about a brief instruction guide for those who want to play around with the oekaki and have no idea how to use it?

Those are my suggestions!

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 08:30 PM

I do know friends are listed publicly on your profile page. It's a little harder to find in Account Management: there's no tab in the left-hand menu but there's a link in the 'Account Summary' section. (Oddly there's no direct link on the Feed itself.)

I support dedicated feeds for literature and audio: they are included in the latest submissions list, but they're niche categories and it is easy to miss the ribbons, especially if like me you're gonna abuse custom thumbnails. :^)

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 11:38 PM
SheevraSidhe0274:
My wish list?

1). The possibility of changing the colors - green is okay but maybe eventually a few other color choices?

Site themes, along with Dark Mode, is on the long-term to-do list. There are some technical hurdles I have to jump over, first.

Quote:
2). A journal feature for everyone's accounts?

Coming in the next release.

Quote:
3). Eventually a way to purchase memberships? (Kind of like DA has but maybe not quite so expensive????)

In the works.

Quote:
4). A 'friend' list (as in we can see who we've befriended) in addition to the 'friend feed'?

As Thorvald has said, there's a link to your friends list in the Account Summary section. The heading "Friends" links to it. But, not having a link to it on the Friends Feed was an oversight on my part. That will be remedied soon.

Quote:
5). Maybe tweak the message system a bit - a few more fonts, size, emojis?

Fun fact, the messaging system was one of the first things I built for the site that wasn't a direct part of the user account system. It's due for a bit of an overhaul. I'll see what I can do to tweak it out.

Quote:
6). Maybe also on the main page a section for those who've submitted lit or music pieces? (Or this may be on there already and I've just been overlooking it...)

Lit and audio pieces are shown with the rest of the images. But, Thorvald is right; they're few and far between right now, so they are easy to overlook, even with the ribbons. In the works is a system to filter the Recent Uploads page by upload type (image, audio, literature). That should help make them more findable. Maybe I can split out upload types into separate blocks on the main page.

Quote:
7). This one may not be possible but...how about a brief instruction guide for those who want to play around with the oekaki and have no idea how to use it?

Hm. Well, chickensmoothie.com, for whom ChickenPaint (our oekaki software) was originally developed, has a great tutorial here. I'm considering writing them to see if I can copy their guide, with proper credit and attribution.

Hope this helps!
-- BK

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 11:49 PM

Thanks!

Posted: 28 Mar 2023, 01:28 AM

We really need a FB button!

Posted: 28 Mar 2023, 02:14 AM
SheevraSidhe0274:
We really need a FB button!

You're right about that. Should be included in the next release.
-- BK

Posted: 29 Mar 2023, 02:15 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 29 Mar 2023, 02:18 AM.
BadKarma:
SheevraSidhe0274:

Hm. Well, chickensmoothie.com, for whom ChickenPaint (our oekaki software) was originally developed, has a great tutorial [here](https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=794080#p20021208). I'm considering writing them to see if I can copy their guide, with proper credit and attribution.

Hope this helps!
-- BK

I'm an active player over on chicken smoothie (that's where I post most of my own oekaki work) and I would say go ahead and either link to or copy the guide with credit to the user who built it. : 0 it doesn't look like Swiftalu has been active on CS since 2021 so I'm not sure how easy it would be to get in touch with them.

Posted: 29 Mar 2023, 02:08 PM
Fihyn:
I'm an active player over on chicken smoothie (that's where I post most of my own oekaki work) and I would say go ahead and either link to or copy the guide with credit to the user who built it. : 0 it doesn't look like Swiftalu has been active on CS since 2021 so I'm not sure how easy it would be to get in touch with them.

I'm definitely going to link to them at first. Will probably use their guide as an inspiration for a guide of our own (still with attribution).
-- BK

Posted: 21 Apr 2023, 05:36 PM

Idk if anyones suggested this before but I’d love a feature to make groups/communities like deviantart has some day!!

Posted: 22 Apr 2023, 12:41 AM

That might be on the 'a little farther down the update line'...

Posted: 25 Apr 2023, 01:01 AM
omori:
Idk if anyones suggested this before but I’d love a feature to make groups/communities like deviantart has some day!!

It's definitely in the upcoming site features list. There are a few things ahead of that in the works, however.
-- BK

Posted: 25 Apr 2023, 03:08 AM

FAVORITE FOLDERS!! So you can organize things you favorite! It was a DA feature~.

Posted: 25 Apr 2023, 02:31 PM
BRAINROT:
FAVORITE FOLDERS!! So you can organize things you favorite! It was a DA feature~.

Oh, that's a good idea. I'll add it to the list.
-- BK

Posted: 25 Nov 2023, 09:43 PM

I'd like for the ability to manually rearrange the order in portfolios. There's currently something like this already implemented for characters (manual ordering), but, something more drag and drop friendly would be great. Maybe a drag and drop, then a graceful fallback to the sorting entry key if drag and drop isn't available?

Posted: 25 Nov 2023, 09:51 PM

file storage similar to Deviantart's Sta.sh

Page 1 of 2 :: Viewing 1-25 of 47