- Fixed a bug where users could submit an art piece to a Group folder multiple times.
- Fixed a bug where users could block themselves.
- Fixed a bug where search results from a tag search were cut off after 48 results.
- Compressed the characters listing in the User's Profile, and added a Characters page.
- Added the ability to add additional images to a character profile.
- Added the ability to delete images from a character profile.
- Added the ability to sort the order of images on a character profile.
- Added the ability to flag a character profile as containing Mature content so others are forewarned.
- Added additional informational fields to the character profile.
- Added custom sorting to characters.
- Added character tagging. Define a unique tag for a character, and then use %<tag> to automatically create a link to that character.
- Reformatted the character pages to account for the additional images and informational fields.
- Fixed a bug displaying the incorrect times on private messages.
- Fixed a bug causing a 500 Server Error when marking all threads in a forum group read.
- Refactored the queries that filter content so they take into account blocking, rather than blocking being handled after-the-fact leaving big blocks of thumbnails missing.
- Fixed a bug causing comments by defunct accounts to not display correctly, making the thread look empty.
- Fixed a group icon thumbnail CSS error.
- Fixed user avatar not showing up on new comments for journals and uploads.
- Fixed a bug that would create an empty forum thread if the post failed to save.
- Fixed a bug that was showing filtered categories and ratings as unfiltered, and vice versa.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Recent Submissions displayed on a user's profile or journal pages to be unfiltered.
- Fixed a bug that had the Contact button in the user header only show when the user was blocked, rather than unblocked.
- Fixed the Block function so that it completely hides the blocked person.
- Adjusted type spacing in various locations.
- Updated the Newest Journals on the main page to show the latest journal entry for up to 6 different members, rather than having the Newest Journals having only entries from one or two members.
- Allowlisted the HTML tags <details> and <summary> for user data entry.
- Added Browse By Category, just by clicking on the category name of an upload.
- Added a warning if leaving the publish forums post page before publishing.
- Added new Account Privacy settings, restricting an account's visibility, as well as being able to set your account to being intended for 18+ yo audiences.
- Added Group affiliation to content pages.
- Added Group affiliation to user profile pages.
- Overhauled the notification system to introduce notification stacking and better notification controls in settings.
- Added more visibility to those with Admin and Moderator roles.
- Fixed a bug causing a delay in displaying new uploads from showing up on the Profile page.
- Fixed a bug causing groups to be displayed in a random order by default.
- Fixed a bug causing some forms of literature to not completely process user data, preventing commenting and appearing to log the user out.
- Fixed a bug preventing groups search from searching descriptions properly.
- Fixed a bug preventing a new forums post from submitting if "Show Graphical Signature" was deactivated.
- Fixed a bug preventing file replacement when the original file is missing.
- Fixed a bug that would allow Adult Only content to show up in a person's public favorites listing in their profile.
- Fixed a bug that linked to the wrong page on multi-page forum threads in new post notifications.
- Fixed a bug preventing serials and portfolios from having only one item in them.
- Fixed a bug allowing under 18yo members to view AO content and receive upload notifications of AO content.
- Fixed a bug causing an intermitten 500 Server Error in the forums when posting a new reply.
- Fixed a bug allowing users to be contacted by DM even when the person sending the message is blocking or is blocked by the recipient.
- Removed the lazy loading of the user avatar in the menu.
- Added a Mute/Unmute Thread button to the top right of the forums thread page. Using this will silence or re-enable the notifications of new posts to that particular thread.
- Adjusted the contrast in the main menu so it is easier to read.
- Added the ability to directly type in literature content as an alternative to uploading a file.
- Added file replacement tools for images, audio, and literature, and their respective cover images.
- Added forums search ability to the forums.
- Added a confirmation interstitial for viewing Mature content when M-rated thumbnails are blocked.
- Added a Follow button to the User Header Bar.
- Added Groups to the site, available under the Browse menu.
- Fixed a bug displaying the Adult Only rating on content edit pages while Adult Only wasn't opted into.
- Fixed a bug that caused elements like greater-than signs, ampersands, and such to not show up in the forums.
- Fixed a bug that caused edited uploads to move back to the top of the timeline.
- Fixed a bug where on certain errors comment threads would end up orphaned.
- Fixed a bug where notifications being attempted on defunct accounts would error out and stop publication of forum posts.
- Fixed a bug causing multiple copies of comments to be posted at once.
- Fixed a bug preventing the upload submit buttons from disabling upon submission.
- Fixed a bug causing login cookies to expire immediately.
- Fixed a bug preventing avatar shape to be updated.
- Fixed a bug preventing HTML img tags from being used.
- Fixed a bug preventing some pieces from being Favorited.
- Fixed a bug where certain notifications and descriptions were displaying a blank title rather than 'Untitled'.
- Updated credit allotments so that caps measure from midnight of the current day instead of from 24 hours prior to now.
- Fixed the User Header bug showing all variable items all the time.
- Fixed a bug preventing .WAV files from playing properly.
- Fixed a bug where file cache wasn't expiring and was filling the disk.
- Added new forum post notifications for new posts in threads a user is participating in.
- Added in unpublished forum post management screen.
- Added custom pronoun options in the user profile.
- Added Recent Submissions and Random Favorites to the user's profile.
- Added Portfolio listing at the top of the user's gallery.
- Added new art post submission notifications for Friends and Followers.
- Added blocking and unblocking to the Settings page under "Manage Blocked Users".
- Modified the cookie code to extend the life of the login session to one week.
- Fixed a bug preventing the link to a user's journal from showing if they only had one entry.
- Fixed a bug that caused tooltips to sometimes appear in the wrong dimensions.
- Added tag filtering preferences to the feeds on the main page.
- Added journal link to forums posts.
- Added link to Manage Journals on profile page.
- Added Journal and Write Journal links in account menu.
- Added Recent Journal Entries to the main page.
- Added measures to strip out potentially harmful HTML tags and arguments from user-input fields.
- Fixed a bug that prevented new forum threads from being properly created, with the post never being marked as published.
- Added content type filtering on the recent uploads page.
- Updated the tag entry fields on the new content and editing content fields so they show the tags as they're entered, in a clearer way.
- Fixed a bug preventing preview images from showing up on links to the site.
- Fixed a bug preventing linking to the proper "latest post" from the forums group listing page.
- Added user journaling to the site.
- Added caps-lock detection to the login screen.
- Added Facebook button to main menu that leads to the S7 FB page.
- Added more apparent links to the Friend Management page.
- Added permalinks to forums posts.
- Added permalinks to user uploaded content comments.
- Added permalinks to user journal comments.
- Fixed a bug preventing user-owned perk upgrades from being listed properly.
- Fixed a bug preventing the purchase of perk upgrades if a user had subscriber access.
- Fixed a bug preventing the use of periods and parentheses in a user's First/Last names in the edit profile page.
- Fixed a bug preventing OG thumbnails from linking properly.
- Fixed a bug causing OG descripions to display across the top of content pages.
- Fixed pagination on search and tag search pages.
- Added the ability to purchase Side 7 Credits via Paypal.
- Added ability to sort Museum, Friends Feed, and Favorites Feed by submission date, title, or artist.
- Fixed bug where content view count went up when the content owner viewed the content.
- Fixed bug where the setting to not show social sharing links on content was being ignored.
- Increased the allowed filesize for audio files from 10MB to 25MB.
- Expanded the base and perk storage limits from 250MB to 1GB, and from 1GB to 5GB, respectively.
- Added "Previous Posts" listing in the create forum post page.
- Added a new forum post preview page
- Fixed advanced search options so that they filter correctly.
- Fixed a bug where content marked as Everyone couldn't be upgraded to a higher rating in the content edit screen.
- Added a new page explaining acceptable and not acceptable Adult Only content.
- Added editing of a parsed document for literature content.
- Added a 'Mark All Seen' button to the notifications screen to work-around the Firefox bug that makes prevents click events from firing.
- Fixed a bug whereby filenames containing unicode characters resulted in a file that couldn't be added to the site.
- Added the Oekaki board to the site.
- Fixed several display bugs regarding friend and favorite counts on the Manage Gallary screen.
- Fixed a bug that didn't completely remove friend relationships when removing an account.
- Added Favorites Received stat data to the Manage Gallery dashboard.
- Fixed a bug causing the Unfavorite button to vanish.
- Added the use of username to upload tooltips when full name is blank.
- Fixed a bug preventing standalone URIs from being parsed correctly in descriptions, posts, etc.
- Fixed a bug causing a random logout when clicking on a bell notification.
- Added Markdown parsing to the forums. So, now forums posts can be formatted in BBCode or Markdown.
- Fixed bug preventing documents with multi-byte characters from saving to the database properly.
- Fixed bug preventing character descriptions with multi-byte characters from saving to the database properly.
- Added support for emojis and multi-byte characters to content descriptions, literature uploads, character descriptions, and forums. More updates to other areas of the site to come.
- Fixed bug where Next on a content page showed the user's most recent post, rather than the next post.
- Updated thumbnail generation code to account for most cases of portrait orientation photos being auto-rotated to landscape.
- Added Queued Posts account perk. Users can now upload content and set it to post at a future date and time.
- Added Gallery Backup account perk. Users can now download a backup of all of their uploaded works.
- Added Ko-Fi link.
- Added Recent Submissions link to the main page.
- Fixed a bug where titles with double-quotes caused audio rendering to fail.
- Fixed a bug preventing thumbnails from showing when the filename has an apostrophe in it.
- Fixed a minor copyright statement issue in the site footer.
- Contact link for users now works.
- Added Top 20 Tags cloud to the Main Page.
- Added Profile and Gallery links to forum posts for post authors.
- Added new stat: 7-Day Top Commenter
- Newest Members now only shows active accounts.
- Fixed a bug preventing UTF-8 characters from displaying and saving properly.
- Fixed a bug where reciprocal friend requests weren't both being accepted when one user accepted the request.
- Serial Art is now searchable in the site content search.
- Added content thumbnail refreshing to the user dashboard.
- Added new Serial Art feature, where art can be grouped and viewed like a webcomic.
- Re-added the user referrals.
- Re-added user account deletion flags.
- Fixed a bug that sent the user to the first post of a thread in the forums after making a new post, rather than sending the user to their new post.
- Fixed a bug in the admin side that used a malformed anonymous array in a user account lookup.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Friends Feed page from infinitely scrolling.
- Updated site rules to include commercial advertisement as a restricted practice on the site.
- Re-added the Contact Us page.
- Re-added forum post deletion back into the forums.
- Added an enhancement to the user dashboard UI, so that the signature preview automatically and dynamically updates when a new signature graphic is uploaded.
- Fixed a bug where the person favoriting an upload received the notification of it being favorited, rather than the upload's owner being notified.
- Added reCaptcha to the signup page to combat spam bots.
- Added more stats to the index page.
- Deactivated lazyload to prevent double-loading of pages, which caused problems with pages that track views and other counts..
- Fixed a bug preventing an upload from being deleted if a user favorited the upload.
- Added reCaptcha to the Report A Problem page to combat spam bots.
- Updated comments so that the Reply button reflects to whom a reply is being made. Quote Replies now lists the username as whom the quote is from. Replies to a comment now mention the user being replied to.
- The author of a comment being replied to is now informed of the reply via notifications and email.
- Fixed more bugs with the text translation from native doc format to web-safe formatting.
- Added the S7 Credits store.
- Added account upgrades: Hide from User Directory, Larger Storage, Unbranded Portfolio
- Fixed a bug wherein if email notifications were set in a user's settings, it wouldn't send an e-mail.
- Fixed a bug with tag filtering that caused the filter to still bring up blocked content for every non-filter-matching tag it had.
- Adjusted text translation in an attempt to handle "smart-punctuation".
- Reintroduced character references/biographies.
- Added thumbnail ribbons detailing what kind of upload the thumbnail belongs to.
- Fixed a bug preventing uploaded content class from being recorded.
- Fixed a display bug markdown blockquotes from appearing correctly in content descriptions.
- Fixed a layout bug with audio content display.
- Fixed various display filtering bugs with AO content.
- Fixed display bug preventing Announcements with no expiration dates from showing.
- Fixed several FKC bugs when deleting a user account.
- Added content tagging and tag searching. Users can now tag their content for more organization, filtering, and searchability.
- Fixed Reset My Password to accept usernames with non-alphanumerical characters.
- Fixed issues with account status checks for feature availability.
- Fixed an issue where the Friend Feed was showing the Museum Feed, instead.
- Fixed an issue where a commenter's rating was not being displayed, nor counted in the content's average rating.
- Fixed an issue where new sign-up form fields weren't being double-checked appropriately on server-side.
- Reimplemented user bio images.
- Re-added the Email Address field to the profile edit page in the User Dashboard.
- Added the changelog.
Initial v5 launch. Full re-write of the entire site from scratch.