Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
The Giant Rat of Sumatra - Started by: Roadstripe
The Giant Rat of Sumatra
Posted: 15 Nov 2008, 06:04 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 26 Mar 2009, 04:17 AM.

Last month, Sanguine Productions published the third issue of its emagazine Bite Marks. One of the stories published in it happens to be a short story written by yours truly. Because Bite Marks is nonprofit, those who submit articles and stories are neither paid nor give up their copyrights to their work. I feel this means I can get away with posting the story to my website, though I encourage people to take a look at Sanguine's products.

My story, "The Giant Rat of Sumatra", is based in Sanguine Production's Ironclaw tabletop RPG setting, an island nation called Calabria. Resembling a mix of Scotland, England, and France, Calabria is populated by anthropomorphic animals (mostly mammals) of various types.

Read "The Giant Rat of Sumatra" here.
Read the Author's Notes here.

"The Giant Rat of Sumatra" is rated Teen+.

Posted: 23 Nov 2008, 02:36 PM

I'm afraid I don't really have much to say about it, but I wanted to let you know that I did read your story and enjoyed it.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 02:13 AM

Thank you. :) Hopefully, I wrote it well enough so that you don't have to understand the Ironclaw world to enjoy it. Anything that might be useful to know should be in the Author's Note. (Come to think of it, I probably should have added a note about Helloise and S'allumer.)

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 06:50 PM

I found it pretty self-contained. The foreign concepts were explained well enough. Honestly, I only got through about half the author's notes section, but having the background information is interesting, too.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4