Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-14 of 14
Anthro Trades - Started by: Navi1101
Anthro Trades
Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 03:55 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 03 Feb 2010, 04:32 PM.

My mind has been wandering lately toward the aesthetic implications of anthropomorphized things and human / other thing combinations - basically, I want to start getting more into anthro/furry art. But my own collection of anthro/furry characters is sorely limited - a couple of rabbit-boys and a dragon/tiefling is all I can think of off the top of my head - and I've drawn them all to death already. I have a bunch of other ideas in my head, but I'd like to have a good excuse to put them down on paper, and I'd like to see other people's interpretations of my half-developed brainchildren.

So, my request is this: Give me some of your anthro/furry/android/etc. characters and ideas to draw, and I'll give you some sort of random anthro/furry/android/etc. request in return. My own request will vary greatly depending on my mood; it could be anything from a Pokémon furry to an anthropomorphized toaster.

I guess the best way to describe my style right now is sort of pseudo-anime, with defined lineart, bright colors, and hard-edge shading; the "Mr. Charisma" and "Wirecross" pics in my gallery are probably the most telling, though I'm trying to get away from that thick-and-chunky lineart. Of course, I'm willing to branch out from this style, and I can do a number of other methods upon your request, if you provide me with some style references.

So, what do you guys want to see? ^^

(I should add, my schedule's pretty busy, so between the time it'll take me to draw a pic, scan it, color, and upload, holding up my end of the trade could take a while. I work best under deadlines, so tell me when you want your picture by; otherwise, it'll likely get buried in my schedule or simply slacked-off on.)

Posted: 06 Feb 2010, 02:42 AM

I'm a bit hesitant to take art trades right now, particularly because school started and my life is getting really, really busy. o_o;

If you choose to do a trade with me, I'll request that.. you do not send me your half until I send you mine. XD;

Posted: 06 Feb 2010, 04:42 AM

hi there. I have a lot of dragon and griffin anthro characters...
i would be interested in drawing that dragon character you mentioned:)

Posted: 09 Feb 2010, 03:22 PM

Yay, interest! :D

Hikari, I'm in the same boat, so if you want to do a trade, we can do one on a "take you sweet time, no hurry" basis. Any ideas?

Poseidon, I'd love to see your rendition of Gwynn! There's an old oekaki I did of her in my gallery titled "Gwynn - What the Nine Hells?" or something like that, and if you can track down FeralGrinn, she did a portrait of her for a trade too, a long time ago. By D&D rules, Gwynn is a half-copper-dragon tiefling. Tall-ish Caucasian farm girl; athletic build, strawberry blonde, striking turquoise eyes; with the wings and scales of a dragon and the horns and claws of a pit fiend, more fully grown-in than in the oekaki picture. She usually wears a pink or white dress.

What would you like in return? ^^

Posted: 10 Feb 2010, 07:50 AM

Could you link me? I cant findthe link to your gallery XD
could you draw Anna?
shes a risso's dragon, her head sliiiightly resembling that of a horse
shes a vet :)
http://www.poseidonsimons.com/anthro_characrers1.html

Posted: 10 Feb 2010, 01:22 PM

I'd be honored to draw Anna for you. ^^

Here's the reference pic of Gwynn that I was talking about: http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=326567&image_portfolio_id=40536&art_trade_mode=give

Posted: 12 Feb 2010, 05:26 AM

hoops! human face! that will be hard
Ill give her a try :)

Posted: 14 Feb 2010, 05:13 AM

finished the skech, now All I need is to color it :)

Posted: 15 Feb 2010, 07:02 PM

Yeah, me too. Needs to be inked, scanned, and colored, and then it should be done. ^^; I'm excited.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 09:23 AM

http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=333541&image_portfolio_id=17161&art_trade_mode=give there she is
I hope its good and looks like her? :D

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 04:45 PM

It's a bit masculine, but very cool. ^^ I like it!

Yours is inked and ready to scan, and I've put my other coloring project on hold so I can finish it up. Hope you like puppies. ;)

Thanks!

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 07:03 AM

glad you liked it
this is probably my 3 human among my millions of drawings XD
and suuuure I like puppies :P

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 03:23 AM

I do like it. ^^ Your half is posted too, Poseidon. I hope you like it! ;)

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 06:00 AM

cool I like it

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-14 of 14