Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3
What's your most awkward "business moment"? - Started by: chaseawaythedark
What's your most awkward "business moment"?
Posted: 13 Jul 2024, 07:49 PM

Asking the community here. I just suffered through the creative equivalent of what Elzar did to the characters in that one Futurama episode and was wondering what experiences other people have.

It's not a pleasant characteristic of the creative community at large. This week I was going about my day. I met someone who seemed very nice (and still do) and frequented conversations with her. On the third day, she was talking randomly about something oddly specific she wanted to make that was remotely related to our favorite Pokemon, which is how the conversation was brought up. "How does my description sound" she asked, having given an almost museum-esque detailing of what she was going to do. "Sounds good" I replied, not putting it all together. A day had past and I saw her once again, with indication she had just done some work. "We need to discuss pricing" she said, and I was like "oh no, it's one of those things" (not sure where things are right now, they seem to have vented a storm in a place I invited them to half-way through the whole thing and have Pied Pipered some tension into existence, and it adds to the awkwardness to initiate a response). It seems I commonly have run-ins with "misunderstood exchanges", ironically the people who are always good about this are those who "generate" stuff (though I wouldn't make deals with them for another reason).

What's your most awkward "business moment"?

RE: What's your most awkward
Posted: 13 Jul 2024, 09:20 PM

I must admit some confusion. Was this person expecting you to buy the artwork, or was she consulting you for pricing to place it for sale online?

RE: What's your most awkward
Posted: 14 Jul 2024, 06:37 AM

fragmented_imagination:

I must admit some confusion. Was this person expecting you to buy the artwork, or was she consulting you for pricing to place it for sale online?

Not precisely me even though she had me in her eyes (and there was enough disappointment when things didn't work out that she vented), but yes for the fact she was a crafts seller. She seemed to be making the most of poverty and I wish things were better, it certainly wasn't my biggest blooper this month which would also be fitting here with or without context.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3