Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-8 of 8
Your Input On The Forums - Started by: BadKarma
Your Input On The Forums
Posted: 30 Jan 2007, 05:09 PM

Hey gang,

I'm looking for input on how we could improve the forums. Not necessarily on functionality, as we're working on that and have a long list for that, but rather how can we increase the usage of the forums? They've seemed to pretty much die off, except for the Forums Games section and the odd art-related post.

Input? Suggestions? Ideas?

-- BK

Posted: 31 Jan 2007, 07:11 AM

Hmm... is there a way we can highlight threads on the main page, maybe? Random threads, including the forum games and such. I don't really know why people aren't using them, so I can't make an appropriate guess as to what would help draw people in. Unfortunately, I think the solution to the problem is the problem itself... think you need more activity for people to be interested. I guess we just have to show people what we offer here. Art help, friendly discussion, silly games, and no trolls and/or flaming allowed.

Posted: 31 Jan 2007, 09:32 AM

well i donno how important it is, but I think it would be nice, if the forums withnew messages in them were on top? Some times i dont scroll down (heheee nored donny) and i might miss new posts)

Posted: 05 Feb 2007, 02:51 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 05 Feb 2007, 02:53 AM.

I think when the new version of Side7 is online there will be an increase in the use of all areas of the site. Most of the artists I know who are with the online art scene are waiting for the site to get revamped before they start using it again/joining.

Personally, I've been a little thrown by the inactivity here. It's hard to get people I know to come around for the reason I stated above, and its a little lonely when you're one of five or six sole posters, haha. I still believe in Side7 and I'd feel really badly if it were to fizzle out, so I try to come around once in a while and post whenever I finish a big piece. When the new version IS operational, I'll definitely promote it around the circles I run with :).

I guess that all sounds sort of bleak. I really do know a lot of people who are totally loyal to Side7, and are just waiting for the new version. There's even an "I support Side7" stamp floating around DeviantART ^^

Sorry I couldn't be more directly helpful =\

Posted: 05 Feb 2007, 10:59 PM
FeralGrinn:
I think when the new version of Side7 is online there will be an increase in the use of all areas of the site. Most of the artists I know who are with the online art scene are waiting for the site to get revamped before they start using it again/joining.

Yeah. I've made significant progress on v4 in the past few weeks. The momentum is building. I'm hoping that I'll have screenshots very soon.

Quote:
Personally, I've been a little thrown by the inactivity here. It's hard to get people I know to come around for the reason I stated above, and its a little lonely when you're one of five or six sole posters, haha. I still believe in Side7 and I'd feel really badly if it were to fizzle out, so I try to come around once in a while and post whenever I finish a big piece. When the new version IS operational, I'll definitely promote it around the circles I run with :).

Yeah, I understand. It's actually been a bit on the depressing side for me. :P But, v4 will change that, I tells ya! I know it will.

Quote:
I guess that all sounds sort of bleak. I really do know a lot of people who are totally loyal to Side7, and are just waiting for the new version. There's even an "I support Side7" stamp floating around DeviantART ^^

O_O o_O

Oh my. I had no idea. None at all. I'm utterly flabbergasted. That... just made my night.

Quote:

Sorry I couldn't be more directly helpful =\

You have no idea how helpful this post was. None, whatsoever. Thank you.

-- BK

Posted: 06 Feb 2007, 11:27 AM

I can imagine how it would be depressing. I'm sure Side7 will bounce back though. I guess competing with places like DeviantART must be a little like competing with WalMart or something like that. Fortunately, we're not talking about the American economy here, haha. You have a lot more supporters than you know, most likely. Don't give up.

Posted: 06 Feb 2007, 12:59 PM
FeralGrinn:
I can imagine how it would be depressing. I'm sure Side7 will bounce back though. I guess competing with places like DeviantART must be a little like competing with WalMart or something like that. Fortunately, we're not talking about the American economy here, haha. You have a lot more supporters than you know, most likely. Don't give up.

Apparently we do. Thank you for letting us know about that.

Here's hoping we can kick off v4 soon.

-- BK

Posted: 07 Feb 2007, 05:42 PM

Personally, I'd probably use the forums quite a lot more if there were more to reply to (as I'm really not generally the sort to start a thread of my own). But, then, that's the problem, isn't it? I don't know what to suggest, though. Sorry =/

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-8 of 8