Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
-CRITICISM NEEDED! - Espio throwing a Ninja Star - Started by: Weasel_Silver24
-CRITICISM NEEDED! - Espio throwing a Ninja Star
Posted: 03 Feb 2008, 11:08 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 14 Mar 2010, 11:57 AM.

Hi, everyone! I`ve posted a picture of "Espio throwing a ninja star", and I really could use some help on this one. Espio has thrown the ninja star, and the ninja star is suppose to look like it could come right out of the paper. More info is on this link here:

http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=333639&image_portfolio_id=29861&art_trade_mode=give

RE: -CRITICISM NEEDED! -Espio throwing a Ninja Star
Posted: 18 Dec 2010, 02:23 PM

Hey it's me again, I have fixed the ninja star and put it closer to the center. Here's a link of the redo picture:

http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/weaselgalore/Espio_Throwing_NinjaStar2.jpg

Please compare the one on my gallery and this one here. Note: see last message for the gallery link. Boy did I pick a challange or what?! I would really appreciate the help a lot. I was working on this picture this year, but never got around to get back to work on it. I would like to finish it, please help.

Thank you.
Miss D. (Debra) - Weasel_Silver24

Posted: 18 Dec 2010, 08:25 PM

The placement definitely improves the effect. Try tilting the star so it's a little more edge-on to the viewer, because right now it looks more like its going to land at my feet than fly at my face. Also, try making the star's lines heavier than Espio's; this will emphasize that the star is in the foreground and Espio is in the background.

Hope that helps. ^^

RE -CRITICISM NEEDED! - Espio throwing a Ninja Star
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 10:20 AM

Hmm!.. I'll try it. thank you so much for the criticism.

Miss D. (Debra)

RE: CRITICISM NEEDED! - Espio throwing a Ninja Star - Part 2
Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 02:04 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 21 Dec 2010, 02:05 PM.

Hey, Hey I'm getting somewhere now! One word: SHADOWS
I used a index card and drew a "ninja star" and cut it out. At first I was tilting the paper ninja star and trying to draw it (example 3), well that don't look quite right.
So over time I discovered the "shadow" and if hold the paper star and tilt it back or forward - the shadow gets larger or thiner. HA! NOW, I scanned it up and put it on "Angelfire" (Since I want to put it on my gallery right now), I had to put the picture through "Adobe photoshop CS" draw over the lines, because it did not show the lines very well.

What the right example for the Espio picture example 1, 2 3, 4, or 5? I'm thinking 2 or 5. Should I made it the same size as what's on the picture or a lil' bigger? What's your thought? Help me out please! :)
Picture of the Ninja stars below:

http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/weaselgalore/NinjaStars1.jpg

See Espio picture on previous messages.
Thank you

Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 01:46 PM

I think 4 and 5 have the best examples of perspective; of those, 5 looks most like it's flying through the air because of its tilt. 2 is okay, but the hole in the middle looks a little out of place, like it's not tilted at the same angle as the rest of the star. I'd go with 5, personally.

RE:
Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 02:42 PM

I think your right, number 5 looks like it will suit the picture. I will work on the picture whenever I get a chance and put in #5. Thank you very much! ^_^

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7