Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
DevBlog Update for November - Started by: BadKarma
DevBlog Update for November
Posted: 10 Nov 2008, 01:05 PM

Greetings gang!

This will likely be the last major update I post before we launch v4.0! Woohoo! I'm hoping this will be a smooth launch, and the feature updates will be fast-coming and smooth.

First things, first, though. It's looking like the actual site launch will not be performed by Thanksgiving. It'll likely be the week after Thanksgiving. However, beta testing will be starting the week of Thanksgiving. Everyone who has expressed interest in beta testing Side 7, please contact me at badkarma (at) side7 (dot) com to confirm you're still interested and available. Don't fret, I'm not expecting you to work on the holiday, itself. That's a day for you and your families.

So, where are we? Well, there's still a lot of work to accomplish before Beta. The forums have been completely updated; that was one hell of a task. It clocked 76 hours of work, alone. Basically all of October. There is a lot of account management stuff to complete, and the uploading system as well. None of this is particularly difficult (well, the uploading system is complex and a PITA, but that's expected), but it is time consuming.

So, what can you expect from the launch? Well, you can expect all of the features that you're used to on Side 7, plus a bunch of extras. Additionally, you can expect a faster system, easier tools, image and member search, and a fresh new referral system.

So, with that segue, on to our major announcement: Our new referral system! This is a system of which you want to take advantage! For every person who signs up listing you as a referral*, you get an Account Credit bonus!! Additionally, every time one of you your referrals upgrades to or extends an upper-level account subscription, you get one free month of the same level! Every time, for each referrer. Just think about that. :)

Start early, and help make the Side 7 launch that much larger!!

* New account sign-ups only. Existing accounts cannot retro-actively name a referrer.

-- BK

Posted: 11 Nov 2008, 02:01 AM

By crackers, you've been a busy kitty! Keep up the good work.

Posted: 11 Nov 2008, 08:33 AM

woohoo sounds like coolness
ehm heh i cnat remember if I offered to be a beta tester tho XD

Posted: 11 Nov 2008, 09:56 AM
posesimo:
woohoo sounds like coolness
ehm heh i cnat remember if I offered to be a beta tester tho XD

I don't think you did, but if you want to be, just let me know via e-mail.

-- BK

Posted: 11 Nov 2008, 09:57 AM
Roadstripe:
By crackers, you've been a busy kitty! Keep up the good work.

Oh yes. Extremely busy. I'm starting to feel that burned-out, dragging feeling, too. It's becoming difficult to stay focused. :P

But, I shall overcome! I shall prevail! :D

-- BK

RE: DevBlog Update for November
Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 02:44 PM

YAY!!! Awesome to hear that, I can't wait for the NEW goodies! :) But I got one little question: right now I've got the "basic" account that is "free", with this new upgraded Side7 soon to come, is that going to be changing? In other words, is it going to still be free?

Thanks!
-Miss D. (Debra)

Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 03:14 PM
Weasel_Silver24:
YAY!!! Awesome to hear that, I can't wait for the NEW goodies! :) But I got one little question: right now I've got the "basic" account that is "free", with this new upgraded Side7 soon to come, is that going to be changing? In other words, is it going to still be free?

Thanks!
-Miss D. (Debra)

Why yes! Yes it is still free. And the account limits for uploads and such are being increased for the free accounts. :)

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7