Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-10 of 10
Launch Update: I'm late - Started by: BadKarma
Launch Update: I'm late
Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 03:15 PM

Between the increased busyness at work, the impending holiday, long commutes, pregnancy and the boy's school activities, I've been a bit more burned out than I've been able to consistently overcome.

As a result, I'm about a week behind my being a week behind. I still have a significant list of to-do items before we can open Beta. I'm working as fast as I can on it, without sacrificing code quality. I refuse to resort to shortcuts. I will, however, choose that certain niceties and polishing of features can afford to be pushed to a later update.

We're now looking at early December for launch. sigh I'm not terribly happy about it, and I desperately need a day of do-absolutely-nothing-necessary-and-be-obligated-to-nothing. I will be taking one of those days over this holiday weekend. However, my laptop will be with me all weekend, so when the mood strikes, code will be forged, regardless of if it's a do-nothing day or not.

Beta Testers: right now I only have Janna and Arshes listed as available. Are there any I'm missing?

-- BK

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 06:48 PM

Don't worry about it, BK! You know we'd rather have it right than early. Sounds like it won't be pushed back too far, anyway, and in any case, everyone knows that life happens. Take care of yourself!

Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 08:06 AM
Jinx:
Don't worry about it, BK! You know we'd rather have it right than early. Sounds like it won't be pushed back too far, anyway, and in any case, everyone knows that life happens. Take care of yourself!

ditto :)

Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 02:35 AM

Do the best you can do, and rest when you can. Better a cat purring along nicely than one suffering from burnout and that odd stare that makes you fear for your fingers and toes.

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 01:04 PM

I'm still available to test. I sent an email, but received no reply so I guess you didn't receive it?

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 01:14 PM

I don't think I received it. But I'd be happy to have you aboard. I'll add you to my list. :)

-- BK

Posted: 01 Dec 2008, 05:59 PM

Don't worry too much; nobody wants to see an Ocarina of Time incident here, and I for one am in no big hurry.

I'll volunteer myself for beta testing if you need more people. Ill send you an e-mail saying so, too. ^^

Posted: 09 Dec 2008, 11:18 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 09 Dec 2008, 11:18 PM.

Erm... When will beta testers know of the beta release? Will it be posted here, will we receive an e-mail about it, or will we just walk in to the site one day and everything will be changed? Just wondering...

Posted: 09 Dec 2008, 11:29 PM
Navi1101:
Erm... When will beta testers know of the beta release? Will it be posted here, will we receive an e-mail about it, or will we just walk in to the site one day and everything will be changed? Just wondering...

You'll be receiving an e-mail with details and information.

-- BK

Posted: 10 Dec 2008, 02:43 AM

Okay, thanks! ^^;

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-10 of 10