Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3
Reference Source for Fan Art - Started by: Weasel_Silver24
Reference Source for Fan Art
Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 03:25 PM

Hey, when I went to upload my newest picture which is related to "Sonic The Hedgehog". I put it under the "Image Category: Furry/Anthropomorphic" like I always do, but when I went to type in the Reference Source for Fan Art - I can't. It's like it grays out. Why?

Thank you,
Miss D. (Debra)

Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 08:33 PM

I believe the "reference source" field is only for one of the Fanart categories. If you categorize your picture as fanart, rather than Furry/Anthropomorphic - which is generally intended for original characters - then you should be able to fill out the reference source field. :)

Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 10:41 PM
Weasel_Silver24:
Hey, when I went to upload my newest picture which is related to "Sonic The Hedgehog". I put it under the "Image Category: Furry/Anthropomorphic" like I always do, but when I went to type in the Reference Source for Fan Art - I can't. It's like it grays out. Why?

Thank you,
Miss D. (Debra)

As Jinx stated, the Reference Source is for the Fan Art categories, so that you have a place to list what the image is fan art of. Sonic the Hedgehog does fit into Furry/Anthropomorphic, but it can also fall under Fan Art - Animation/Comic, Fan Art - Anime/Manga, and Fan Art - Game. Which category you place it in is up to you, but if you chose any of the Fan Art categories, the Reference Source field not only becomes active, but is required data.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3