Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5
avg maybe silly question - Started by: Defunct Account
avg maybe silly question
Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 03:55 PM

okay ehm I have my avg FREE VERSION AND i HAVE IT TO DO A SCAN EVERY NIGHT AT 2200
when it finishes, it gives me a list of warnings, no viruses hopefully
what I cant figure out is, what do I do next? does avg fix them automatically or do I have to do something else myself?

thanks

Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 04:00 PM

hooooops sorry for the caps

Posted: 03 Jun 2009, 08:48 AM

Sorry, avg is...? A virus scanner, I'm guessing? I think your best course of action depends on what the warnings are. You might try checking out the website, seeing if it has a help section or a message board where people might have mentioned similar issues.

(P.S. - there's also a handy edit button on your post. (; )

Posted: 03 Jun 2009, 05:45 PM
posesimo:
okay ehm I have my avg FREE VERSION AND i HAVE IT TO DO A SCAN EVERY NIGHT AT 2200
when it finishes, it gives me a list of warnings, no viruses hopefully
what I cant figure out is, what do I do next? does avg fix them automatically or do I have to do something else myself?

thanks

AVG Free Edition should automatically quarantine any infected files and report them to you. In the report, you'll have the option to delete or try to fix the infected files.

-- BK

Posted: 04 Jun 2009, 07:40 AM

aaah I get it. So all those warnings I get arnt going to solve themselves (that sound silly now that I type ok)
problem is that as I remembered last night, I couldnt find where to go to delete the problematic file. I guess Ill look again tonight

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5