Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Unable to Change Password - Started by: Roadstripe
Unable to Change Password
Posted: 18 Oct 2009, 06:20 PM

I tried to change my account's password into something more secure (no worries, though; I'm trying to be proactive), but Side 7 gives me this error instead:

Quote:
Error: Either the current password or username are incorrect or does not exist.

The thing is, both the current password and the username are indeed correct.

I have Windows XP updated to whatever the current Service Pack is and am using Firefox.

Is this a bug or did I goof up?

Posted: 20 Oct 2009, 10:31 PM

Hm. You're the second person this week to report this problem. I haven't had an opportunity to look into it, yet, unfortunately.

It sounds like a bug. I'll look into it and let you know.

-- BK

Posted: 20 Oct 2009, 11:00 PM

By what process are you trying to change your password? I just tried it and it worked for me.

I'm on Windows Vista and Firefox.

Log in > Click "Account" at top right > Click "Profile" tab > Click "Edit Account Information"

is the process I used.

-- BK

Posted: 20 Oct 2009, 11:31 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 20 Oct 2009, 11:32 PM.
Quote:
Quoth BadKarma:
By what process are you trying to change your password? I just tried it and it worked for me.

I'm on Windows Vista and Firefox.

Log in > Click "Account" at top right > Click "Profile" tab > Click "Edit Account Information"

is the process I used.

I did the same process as you, but it doesn't cooperate.

Posted: 20 Oct 2009, 11:57 PM

Hm. That is very odd. And you're inputting your old password into the Old Password field, and the new password into the New Password and Confirm Password fields?

-- BK

Posted: 21 Oct 2009, 11:27 PM

Firefox puts the old password in its field for me, and it doesn't work even though it does work whenever I sign into Side 7. Just to be sure, I then erased the old password and typed it in manually, but that didn't work either.

As for the new password, it's so doggone long that I copy and paste it into both fields. That does bring up a question though. Are there any symbol or length restrictions on passwords? I put opening and closing parentheses in this 30-character-long password.

Posted: 22 Oct 2009, 08:20 AM

If I am remembering correctly, the password max length is 255 characters, and there are no restricted characters.

I will continue to look into this problem.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7