Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
NaNoWriMo 2009 - Started by: Roadstripe
NaNoWriMo 2009
Posted: 20 Oct 2009, 11:45 PM

It's that time of year again, you literary masochists. NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is almost upon us. Can you dash out 50,000 words of a story in 30 days? Find out this November.

The NaNoWriMo website.

Oh, yes. Here's some weirdo's profile you can look at.

Posted: 21 Oct 2009, 06:55 PM

I'm totally there. Are you continuing Winterfur 2 this year? (Sorry, I forget the real title.)

Also, anyone else doing NaNoWriMo, feel free to friend me!

Posted: 21 Oct 2009, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Quoth Jinx:
Are you continuing Winterfur 2 this year? (Sorry, I forget the real title.)

I wish I could say I wasn't continuing Isen's Bane this year as it would mean I'm done writing it. However, it seems I'm still only somewhere around halfway done beating up my characters. :P

Oh, by the way, I keep forgetting to tell you, but, several months ago, I did read your NaNoWriMo entry from last year. While I enjoyed it and the world appeared well thought out, it seemed to me the final chapter seemed rushed and that some plot threads could have been tied up better. Mind you, that's the whole point of NaNoWriMo – to make stories full of plot holes that need to be patched up. :P

Posted: 22 Oct 2009, 05:02 PM

grin True enough. I don't recall which version you read - I did some revisions after I got to the end - but I have considered altering the final chapter a little. I have, regrettably, gotten very little feedback on Halcyon, aside from a former coworker who is still building a 3D generated city based on it.

If you'd like, you can e-mail me (Jinx@side7.com) more detailed thoughts on it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the ending, and the story in general.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4