Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Looking for HTMLer - Started by: Mongoose
Looking for HTMLer
Posted: 01 Feb 2010, 09:03 AM

Heyo, help out a veteran S7er.
I'm sure this goes up some place else like Technical Help or at least some art related board but its here for now, with apologies where due to BK. (add 'woops' where applies)

Long story short. Got a comic site I'm lookin' to update regularly and it needs its own flair. Got some place holder there now, just the pre-made templates the host site has to offer and they ain't doing the job like I want.

Got a layout to follow but I'm an HTML defunct so I'm looking for a charitable person who's even half awake for this.

If you can, or someone you know may be interested, gimme a shout. I'll try not to be too far away!

Posted: 01 Feb 2010, 11:33 PM
Mongoose:
Heyo, help out a veteran S7er.
I'm sure this goes up some place else like Technical Help or at least some art related board but its here for now, with apologies where due to BK. (add 'woops' where applies)

No worries. This is perfectly fine. :D

Quote:
Long story short. Got a comic site I'm lookin' to update regularly and it needs its own flair. Got some place holder there now, just the pre-made templates the host site has to offer and they ain't doing the job like I want.

Got a layout to follow but I'm an HTML defunct so I'm looking for a charitable person who's even half awake for this.

If you can, or someone you know may be interested, gimme a shout. I'll try not to be too far away!

Depending upon the amount of work necessary, I might be able to help. Are you just looking for straight up HTML work, or dynamically loading web pages?

-- BK

Posted: 06 Feb 2010, 05:48 AM

Well, near as I can tell, sir, it'll be a pretty basic site, shouldn't be much involvement in it really.

I have a bunch of images, buttons, links, things of that nature that I want and the places where I want them, I just don't know really how to lay them out anymore in code.

I can send a .PSD file or some such so you can know what you're looking at visually, if you'd like.
I have a .PSD file right now that's got each element in different layers so I can change it as I like later. The way I remember HTML, all you need is the elements you want and an idea of where to put them, then just code them in.

Heh, what I DON'T remember is how to do any of that. Just let me know what you need if you've got the time, I would appreciate it a lot. After paying people over at DA at least once a year to get us something for the site, and always getting screwed, it'll be nice to have something finally XD

Posted: 11 Feb 2010, 05:59 PM

Sounds like you're just needing someone to do layout for your page. I could help with that, for sure. If you have the .psd file, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you and send back the necessary HTML and CSS files for you.

Why not contact me offline at my e-mail address?

-- BK

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 07:06 PM

Sorry to keep you on hold, BK, I realize that I should be more adamant about he help you've offered, just know that there's a good reason for it - like life giving me a roundhouse to the teeth.
Just as soon as I get a nice day where I'm doing nothing instead of work/comic/work/sleep, I'll hit you up, cool?

Posted: 17 Feb 2010, 07:54 PM

Not a worry. If anyone knows how that goes, I do. Take your time. :)

-- BK

Posted: 07 Nov 2010, 02:01 PM

Mongoose:

It's been a hell of a time, and I apologize big time for the length of time this is taking. My cat died; my wife was in the hospital recently, we're fighting off foreclosure. And, now, to top it off, I lost the e-mails and files you sent and don't have any of the work anymore.

sigh

If you'd still like me to do it, can you re-send the files and information of what you're needing?

Thanks,
-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7