Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-8 of 8
how to clean a line art form lined paper? - Started by: Defunct Account
how to clean a line art form lined paper?
Posted: 09 Dec 2010, 02:57 PM

hey all.. I need some advice.
During work, I often find myself doing doodles on my note pad. I often want to clar up those doodles from the paper's lines so that I can color it and upload it online. Is there a way I can clear those lines out in photoshop?

Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 03:09 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Dec 2010, 03:10 PM.

PS should* have a Select by Color tool. Assuming your notepad's lines are a different color than your lineart, you can use that to simply select and erase them like you would with the Magic Wand. It might require a little cleaning around the points where the notepad lines and the lineart lines intersect, but this is the quickest method.

*I haven't actually used PS in years, but GIMP has it so I assume it's pretty standard. ^^;

Alternatively, you could trace the lineart on a separate layer using the Paintbrush or Pencil, then hide or erase the layer of the original scan. Or, you could do the same using an actual paintbrush or pen or pencil on tracing paper, and then just scan the tracing (which is what I usually do).

Or just be reeeally careful with the Eraser tool...

Hope that helps! ^^

Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 01:13 PM

Quick Google found this tutorial: http://www.snitchseeker.com/changing-rooms-fan-art/tutorial-cleaning-up-drawings-on-lined-paper-34854/

Seems like they know what they're talking about.

Posted: 15 Dec 2010, 12:13 PM

Actually, I made my own tutorial for photoshop about this. http://stormyhotwolf88.deviantart.com/gallery/194475#/d2sht65
Lined paper works the same way.

Posted: 15 Dec 2010, 12:41 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the great replies. I love the fact that this community, even if it's small, helps out.

-- BK

Posted: 15 Dec 2010, 04:11 PM

Wow, Jinx, that's really helpful. O.o I'm gonna use that method from now on; screw Select by Color. The Levels thing is so clever!

dA isn't playing nice with my browser for some reason, but I'll check yours out too when I get home, Stormy.

BK, I think there's too few of us to not be helpful. ^^;

Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 11:56 AM

Great tutorial, StormyHotWolf. I've just started using col-erase pencils, so I'm going to add your tutorial to my favourites.

Posted: 10 May 2011, 01:40 AM

heyy I just now noticed I have replies
thanks everyone :)

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-8 of 8