Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-6 of 6
The Weekly Challenge FAQ/Info - Started by: BadKarma
The Weekly Challenge FAQ/Info
Posted: 14 Sep 2006, 12:43 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 21 Sep 2006, 08:24 PM.

The Weekly Challenge!

What is the Weekly Challenge?
The Weekly Challenge is our attempt at helping artist to break out of the rut. Most artists get into one; drawing the same kinds of images over and over, be they static images of a lone character with no background, or the same character over and over, or whatnot. We try to break this rut by giving weekly "assignments" that might seem out of the ordinary, or might make you think.

Okay. Sounds interesting. When does it happen?
All week long. We try to post one each week. But, sometimes Real Life can step in the way. So, when we post them, you have a week to complete the assignment. Details will be posted with each assignment, including dates and such.

How do I participate?
When a new challenge is posted, read it, and do the assignment. When you're done with your assignment, reply to the thread here, and post your image in it with the image BBCode tag, or a direct link to the image using the link BBCode tag.

Code:
Examples:
[img]http://url.to.your/image.jpg[/img]
[url]http://url.to.your/image.jpg[/url]

Wait, it's only one week. I don't know if I can complete a full image in that time!
No worries. The object isn't to have a fully completed masterpiece bu the end of the week. It's to have a presentable work that fits the goals of the Weekly Challenge. However, we do not want rough sketches, scribbles, or doodles. Please, put at least some effort into it.

Are there any prizes?
Not for the Weekly Challenges, no. This is more to exercise your skills as an artist.

Can I comment on or critique other people's submissions?
Most definitely! We allow and highly encourage participants to comment on and critique each other's work. It's how we learn. However, we ask that those who are giving critiques do so in the most respectful manner possible, and those who are receiving critiques recognise them for what they are: helpful suggestions on how to improve! Drama-makers will be excused from all subsequent challenges, and possibly banned from the forums.

What is the typical schedule for the Weekly Challenges?
Typically, a new challenge will be posted on Sunday. Submissions are due by the following Saturday. Comments and critiques are welcome during any point in the challenge, or after.

Am I restricted in the kinds of media I can use?
Absolutely not! Get creative!

-- BK

Posted: 15 Sep 2006, 06:23 PM

When is the first one going to be?

are their any medium requirements? (is it going to be restricted to CGs or whatever?)

Posted: 15 Sep 2006, 08:25 PM

Sweet! This looks like fun :D rubs hands with glee

Posted: 16 Sep 2006, 04:05 PM

waiting patiently t'see how this goes

Posted: 19 Sep 2006, 06:58 AM

I remember those
They were fun :D

Posted: 20 Sep 2006, 01:48 PM
spaz:
When is the first one going to be?

are their any medium requirements? (is it going to be restricted to CGs or whatever?)

I'm going to try to start the first one this coming weekend (23/24 Sept).

No media restrictions.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-6 of 6