Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3
I want to start a holiday, would anyone help me start it? - Started by: BatmanWilliams
I want to start a holiday, would anyone help me start it?
Posted: 11 Apr 2024, 10:42 PM

Growing up, I grew into the unintentional habit of missing out on April Fool's Day each year (because I'm awful at keeping track of time, and a few times due to sickness), and I have gotten tired and frustrated by it. So has my niece whose birthday is on April Fool's Day and doesn't get to celebrate it normally as a result.

So we decided we wanted to make a holiday every April 15th, exactly two weeks after April Fool's Day, called Raincheck Fool's Day. It operates exactly the same way as April Fool's Day, it's just to it what a raincheck does for a sporting event betrayed by the weather. Sometimes April Fool's Day needs a literal raincheck.

Can any of you help me get it to kick off? Times have been tough and it would make a certain someone happy.

RE: I want to start a holiday, would anyone help me start it?
Posted: 12 Apr 2024, 04:19 AM

I thought the gist of this was already a thing. Alrighty then.

RE: I want to start a holiday, would anyone help me start it?
Posted: 12 Apr 2024, 05:09 AM

April 15th? Eee.. I dunno, that's normally a pretty stressful day for a lot of people, at least in the US. I wouldn't want to start pranking or teasing anyone, or seeing false info about tax filing dates/exemptions/laws become a hot meme or joke topic. People can lose their home, get thrown in jail, and go through all kinds of hell with that if they get confused and don't realize that a gotchya day has sprouted up right on top of Tax Day. The first of October, maybe? It's six months away from All Fools Day and I can't think of anything important happening then. Maybe call it All Ghouls Day, and use it to build up Halloween hype with light-hearted pranks?

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3