Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
DevBlog v4 (October 9, 2007) - Updates - Started by: BadKarma
DevBlog v4 (October 9, 2007) - Updates
Posted: 09 Oct 2007, 11:13 AM

Things have been especially busy lately. Not as much progress since my last update, much to my chagrin, but with good reason.

I have moved to a new employer, doing very similar work to what I was already doing for Peregrine. Said employer offered me almost twice what I was making previously, plus benefits enough to make Donald Trump jealous. How could I turn that down? :) The unfortunate side of this is that the new office is 15-20 minutes further away than my previous employer. That means my day starts at about 06: 30 (to be at work by 09:00), and I don't get home until 18: 30 or so. Long days.

I'm also in a state of learning my new employer's product (now, my product), and all the code behind it. Very interesting stuff there, but there is a lot of it. So, my head is swimming in code, old and new.

There has been progress on S7v4; it's just been very slow lately. Between the new work at the new employer, and the extensive ramp-down work at the old employer for the previous two weeks, motivation to bury myself in code in my off-time wasn't very high.

At this point, I'm about 80% done with the public side of things (what people see when they come to the site). After I finish up that stuff, then comes the management side of things (user account management pages, admin/moderator pages, etc.) and any new tweaks that need to be made to the public side of things. My hope is that we'll be able to launch either by the end of the year, or very early in 2008.

Posted: 10 Oct 2007, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the update. While it would be nice to see the new site sooner, it's even nicer that you have a better-paying job. After all, of what use is a new site if it can't be brought to the web?

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2