Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
S7v4 DevBlog - Quick Update - Started by: BadKarma
S7v4 DevBlog - Quick Update
Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 09:45 AM

Side 7 work is progressing. I've been working on tweaks, updates, and a lot of the back-end administrative systems. So, unfortunately, there's not much to show off to the public at the moment. Just know that work continues, and at a fairly busy pace, too. Oh! But there is one bit of news that everyone will love: with v4 you no longer have to have an image within a 1024x1024. The site will automatically create a smaller version to initially display on the page that users can click to enlarge to the full-detail size. Wahoo!

-- BK

Posted: 14 Nov 2007, 03:03 AM

Good work! :)
Personally, I'll still try to keep it within 1024x1024, if only because the shrinking of my pictures causes an anti-aliasing effect that makes my art look smoother. :p At least it's a nice option to have should the need arise.

Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 04:14 PM

You mean kind of like deviantART has? I had just been wondering about that. I like the feature a lot, personally; it's one of DA's very few advantages over S7, and it really comes in handy on my tiny, relatively low-res monitor. ^^ Thanks for including it!

Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 04:26 PM
Navi1101:
You mean kind of like deviantART has? I had just been wondering about that. I like the feature a lot, personally; it's one of DA's very few advantages over S7, and it *really* comes in handy on my tiny, relatively low-res monitor. ^^ Thanks for including it!

No longer an advantage for DA. :) Side 7 v4.0 now has that feature.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4