Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-6 of 6
slight small problemin photoshop-nothing serious - Started by: Defunct Account
slight small problemin photoshop-nothing serious
Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 06:57 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 16 Nov 2007, 07:02 AM.

ey all i ave a tiny little problem and I was andering if anyone can help me its nothing important just annoying.. ok so when i open the folder to my documents, instead of showing the folders and icons alphabetically, it shows them as last modified. I right click and choose arrange items by name, but when i open again, its still arranged in a random way anyone knows whats wrong?

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 08:02 AM

hmm turns out the problem is not only in photoshop.. ITS EVERYWHERE GAAAH

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 09:03 AM

It sounds like you might have changed your folder settings inadvertently. Check under Tools -> Folder Options (I think it's called).

-- BK

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 06:03 PM

I don't know what version of Windows you're using, but in Windows 2000, if you open Windows Explorer - right-click on My Computer and select Explore - you can alter your default settings there. Open a folder, any one, it doesn't matter, go to the View menu and select Details, then sort it by name. Then, if you go to Tools > Folder Options and click the View tab, there's a button at the top that says "Like Current Folder", which will by default show all folders with the settings you currently have on the folder you have open, i.e. sort alphabetically.

If you're using a different version of Windows - likely - this may not work. It may not necessarily be the problem, anyway, but it's worth a shot, I guess.

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 11:33 PM

Jinx's advice should work with Windows XP as well.

Posted: 20 Nov 2007, 05:48 AM

thankx guys I use windows XP the problem appeared 2 dayus ago and it fixed it self today D: but i remember this ahppened a lot with my old computer, so Im bookmarking this for future reference :D

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-6 of 6