Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5
DevBlog - v4 Update: Self-Promotion - Started by: BadKarma
DevBlog - v4 Update: Self-Promotion
Posted: 13 Aug 2008, 12:08 PM

Side 7 v4.0 will have a new feature for members: self-promotion. One form of self-promotion (or promotion through others) will be tagging/sharing images on sites such as Facebook, Digg, StumbleUpon, and more (see screenshot).

As we find more sites and services for sharing links, we'll take them into consideration and add them to the choices. MySpace is one of those currently under consideration.

For those who are not aware of what this means: sites such StumbleUpon, Digg, Del.icio.us and such are bookmark/sharing sites. They allow you to link to interesting articles art, etc. This is not a service whereby someone can take and claim creation of your artwork. This is a way to link-back to your image page on Side 7.

There is consideration for doing something similar for Member Galleries, but that has not been decided yet.

-- BK

Posted: 14 Aug 2008, 03:56 AM

That looks okay for those who like that sort of thing. I'm tempted to ask if it can be "turned off" is one doesn't want to participate, but I'm just being ornery there. :P

Posted: 14 Aug 2008, 11:08 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 14 Aug 2008, 11:14 AM.
Roadstripe:
That looks okay for those who like that sort of thing. I'm tempted to ask if it can be "turned off" is one doesn't want to participate, but I'm just being ornery there. :P

Hm. That's a very good point. I think I will add that as a user preference. The question is, should that be a global, over-arching preference for the user's gallery as a whole, or a preference that is set per-image?

I could see some people wanting their whole gallery turned off to that option. I could see people only wanting a couple of images turn on or off. Hm...

-- BK

Posted: 15 Aug 2008, 02:46 AM

It might be best to have a setting for both, with the default image-specific setting set to whatever the gallery-specific setting was. That way, one could either have an open gallery with a few closed pictures or a closed gallery with a few open pictures.

Posted: 15 Aug 2008, 08:19 AM
Roadstripe:
It might be best to have a setting for both, with the default image-specific setting set to whatever the gallery-specific setting was. That way, one could either have an open gallery with a few closed pictures or a closed gallery with a few open pictures.

Or, as a slight variation, have a user preference that sets what the default setting should be on an image (on or off) when an image is added, but the image itself is what sets it.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5