Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-11 of 11
Fortune Cookie Spammer - Started by: BlackUniGryphon
Fortune Cookie Spammer
Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 12:16 PM

I'm REALLY getting annoyed now! There's a piece I posted in my gallery of the Chinese Moon Goddess: http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=331139&image_portfolio_id=30821&art_trade_mode=give

and since it's Chinese some jerk thinks it's funny to leave FORTUNE COOKIE SOUNDING COMMENTS on it. Sometimes several times per day.

My settings are supposed to not allow anonymous comments, but it allows them anyway, and I'm getting annoyed!

I think it's a bot spammer.

can someone PLEASE block the ISP or something!

I don't mind to get actual comments by actual people who genuinely like my art.

But, this is ridiculous!

Just because it's a Chinese piece doesn't mean it should be bombarded with fortune cookie comments!

Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 01:54 PM

BlackUniGryphon,

I see what you mean. Yes, this is annoying, and I would suspect that it is, indeed, a bot.

I've moved the commenter blacklist feature from the v4.1 task list to the v4.0.1 task list (which is in process right now). Additionally, we're adding CAPTCHA human-checking into any commenting/contacting system.

In the meantime, I would suggest disabling anonymous commenting.

You can do that by:

• Logging in.
  • Click Prefs at the top of the page. (or the link in this line)
  • Near the bottom of the page, set Allow anonymous image comments? to False

Once the commenter blacklist is in place, you'll be able to blacklist commenters by IP address and by username.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this has caused. We'll get the fix in place as soon as possible.

-- BK

Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 04:32 PM

I have it set to disables anonymous comments and set to "false" but it still happens.

:-(

Must be a glitch on my particular published work.

Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 09:08 PM
BlackUniGryphon:
I have it set to disables anonymous comments and set to "false" but it still happens.

:-(

Must be a glitch on my particular published work.

Not necessarily. Might be a bug with our system, too. I'll look into it for you.

-- BK

Annoying Spam OVERDO
Posted: 17 Mar 2009, 12:23 PM

The fortune cookie spammer on my Moon goddess piece was annoying as it is.
Every day, many times per day!

Now, I woke up this morning and My 2 other of my pieced got spammed with "anonymous" comments even tho' my settings shouldn't allow it.

This one has 2:
http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=331272&image_portfolio_id=30821&art_trade_mode=give

And, this one filled up my E-mail and spam box with over 130 : http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=331272&image_portfolio_id=30821&art_trade_mode=give

What the heck?

Why me?

I'm seriously think about deleting my account.

I've been on here a long time, for many years....

It's Spamming me every 60 seconds!
Posted: 17 Mar 2009, 12:33 PM

Hurry up! Block the ISP!

This bot is spamming me every 60 seconds!

Posted: 17 Mar 2009, 12:38 PM
BlackUniGryphon:
Hurry up! Block the ISP!

This bot is spamming me every 60 seconds!

It's not just you. I'm getting it through the Contact Us forms, too.

I'm working on this.

Posted: 17 Mar 2009, 01:02 PM

I've put CAPTCHA protection in place. That should stop the spam bots. I'm working now to figure out why anonymous comment blocking wasn't working for you.

-- BK

Posted: 17 Mar 2009, 01:15 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 17 Mar 2009, 01:20 PM.

I've added additional protections into the submission of image comments to ensure that the blocking of anonymous comments occurs when it's set.

Edit:
Similar CAPTCHA and anonymous comment protections have beed added to guestbook entries.

-- BK

Posted: 17 Mar 2009, 02:22 PM

Yay!

^_^

is happy

Posted: 17 Mar 2009, 02:45 PM
BlackUniGryphon:
Yay!

^_^

*is happy*

Please let me know if things improve or get worse.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-11 of 11