Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Roleplaying threads? - Started by: BadKarma
Roleplaying threads?
Posted: 14 Sep 2006, 01:44 PM

Would anyone be interested in a section specifically for role playing?

-- BK

Posted: 21 Sep 2006, 02:40 PM

How does a person RP on a forum? I mean, I love RPing so I'd be in if there were specific threads for that, but I was never clear on how it all works, haha.

Posted: 21 Sep 2006, 02:42 PM

I'm not one for RPing in a forum (I prefer pen-and-paper RPGs). However, essentially someone sets up a setting or a story in a thread, and those who would like to participate post about their characters, and then begin interacting.

-- BK

Posted: 22 Sep 2006, 08:27 PM

Why not try a concept one just to see how it pulls together. Set a few rules restrictions and such then let it build for a couple weeks and see what happens. If it picks up then let it slide... if it doesnt learn t'fly then let it crash and burn.

I for one, arent for or against it... i rather RP on instant messengers, but giving people the opportunity to do it couldnt hurt. If no one really wants to do it though then just scratch the idea altogether..lol

Posted: 24 Dec 2007, 01:25 AM

Ok, um, I know this thread is kinda old and I'm really new, but personally, I'm all for RPing threads. But really, it probably depends more on how many people would want one and are interested in RPing at all. So I guess the emptiness of this thread probly answers that question... =|

Posted: 25 Aug 2008, 08:38 PM

I've never have been involved in a roleplaying thread but it sounds like it would be fun.
I was kind of interested in the idea and thought it would be good way to learn how to develop my characters personalities and backgrounds but I never know were to start.

Posted: 01 Jun 2009, 05:28 PM

I prefer pen and paper RPing, too.

That having been said, all you need for free-form RP is a setting, a loose set of rules to define what is and isn't allowed (the regular Side 7 rules should be good enough), and your imagination.

Apply a hint of realism or humor to anything that resembles a skill test, and avoid any serious violence and everyone should have fun. ("Jack jumps over the candlestick, then realizes he's scorched his tail. Across the room, the iguana sniffs the air, enjoying the tasty smell." :-)

Speed of the posts shouldn't make much of a difference--it doesn't seem to in the other games threads.

If something like this were to start up, what sort of setting would you be interested in?

Primitive? D&D/Middle-Earth style? Futuristic? An anachronistic mix of everything?

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7