Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
Hey, this looks like fun! Me next! Me next! - Started by: fragmented_imagination
Hey, this looks like fun! Me next! Me next!
Posted: 07 Apr 2022, 04:01 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 07 Apr 2022, 04:02 AM.

You know, it wasn't until today that it occurred to me that I never posted an introduction when I first joined. A friend of mine, Navi1101, recommended this site to me after catching me sketching one day.

Anyway, hello, all. I'm B. Or Fragmented if you prefer. My art mostly revolves around the number of interconnected universes I've dreamed up over the years, and Side 7 seemed like a decent place to show people what I was capable of. I'm mostly a writer; the art came about simply because, well, it was hard to sit in class and scribble descriptions and dialogue when you're supposed to be paying attention. I don't put out much artwork, but I've been trying to keep up with Side 7 for a while now.

I'm a linguist both in education and hobbies. I have learned conversational Japanese and have an elementary grasp of Spanish and Mandarin. I also have a long list of languages that I at least know a word or two of and am always looking for an excuse to crack open any one of a dozen language dictionaries. I also build languages, mostly for the above-mentioned universes. Each world has at least two or three languages in some basic stage of development. I've built a lot of my identity around languages and could talk about them at length.

I have greatly enjoyed my time on Side 7 over the years, and I look forward to seeing where this new step in the site's life will take it. I also hope to communicate more with other artists, if only for a chitchat every now and then.

RE: Hey, this looks like fun! Me next! Me next!
Posted: 08 Apr 2022, 02:03 PM

Hello! Man, linguistics. That is extremely cool. Looking forward to seeing your projects unfold.

I used to talk to Navi1101 a lot! I kind of fell of the face of the earth for a while and we lost contact sadly but I have nothing but good memories of her.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2