Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3
Haven't been here since '05 - Started by: Slaskia
Haven't been here since '05
Posted: 12 Nov 2022, 04:29 PM

I might be returning (due to DeviantArt BS)...but not sure yet as my art muse is kind of missing atm: I was fortunate that my old account here used an email I still used XD.

Anyway, I do have a question regarding something on this site that (now) makes me uncomfortable: that our full, RL names is shown on our images. That our real life names are required in the profile is not the problem itself, but it's the fact it is publicly visible is, so I'd like some way to hide that from public view (if there is a way, I haven't been able to find it). For now I've shortened my first name to just an initial, so it shows up similarly to how I write the copyrights on my images themselves.

RE: Haven't been here since '05
Posted: 12 Nov 2022, 06:25 PM
Slaskia:
I might be returning (due to DeviantArt BS)...but not sure yet as my art muse is kind of missing atm: I was fortunate that my old account here used an email I still used XD.

Anyway, I do have a question regarding something on this site that (now) makes me uncomfortable: that our full, RL names is shown on our images. That our real life names are required in the profile is not the problem itself, but it's the fact it is publicly visible is, so I'd like some way to hide that from public view (if there is a way, I haven't been able to find it). For now I've shortened my first name to just an initial, so it shows up similarly to how I write the copyrights on my images themselves.

The first and last names can be whatever you'd like to put in there. Your actual, real name is not required. :)

-- BK

RE: Haven't been here since '05
Posted: 12 Nov 2022, 08:37 PM

I just use my first initial. Mostly because doing both initials would be BS.

Welcome back, by the way. :)

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3