Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
As seen on TV - Started by: chaseawaythedark
As seen on TV
Posted: 22 Mar 2023, 06:54 PM

A while ago, I formed a kind of fixation (for a lack of a better word) on "as seen on TV" products, i.e. things you can never find in the stores and which they only sell over a phone number given out on TV commercial. I came to realize, in all their diversity, you can make a living on these things. I don't have big interests either and don't like to go all out that much when it comes to buying things, yet you could point to any inanimate object in my home right now and it was probably an "as seen on TV" product.

Today I got a package in the mail from Brazil. They were selling things there on TV that they weren't selling on TV in my country, and I thought "that's not going to stop me" and I negotiated a purchase. I opened it and it was perfect, it's an all-in-one mixer.

I acknowledge many of you aren't as involved in these things though, or have catching up to do. Do you have any "as seen on TV" products? What are they, and how would you rate them having seen them in person?

RE: As seen on TV
Posted: 22 Mar 2023, 09:25 PM

I actually have a workout bench bought late at night from an infomercial. It's actually pretty good; I just need to use it more.
-- BK

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 03:33 AM

Gotta love the commercials for these products, I binge playlists full of them for fun sometimes. :D
I have tried a couple of these products! As a kid, I had a Pillow Pet and Snuggie. They pretty much did as advertised, although the Pillow Pet was too fuzzy for me to use as a pillow, couldn't stand the fuzzy fabric tickling my face. XD The Snuggie was nice but the fabric roughened after a few years, otherwise was cozy and practical (aside from it dragging on the floor while walking lol). Also tried one of those manual slicers that cut vegetables into spirals, still works to this day! And a friend of mine tried the copper pans, which worked for a year a so but then they lost their touch, as nonstick pans inevitably do.

Posted: 08 Jun 2023, 07:38 PM
chromatic_mortality:
Gotta love the commercials for these products, I binge playlists full of them for fun sometimes. :D
I have tried a couple of these products! As a kid, I had a Pillow Pet and Snuggie. They pretty much did as advertised, although the Pillow Pet was too fuzzy for me to use as a pillow, couldn't stand the fuzzy fabric tickling my face. XD The Snuggie was nice but the fabric roughened after a few years, otherwise was cozy and practical (aside from it dragging on the floor while walking lol). Also tried one of those manual slicers that cut vegetables into spirals, still works to this day! And a friend of mine tried the copper pans, which worked for a year a so but then they lost their touch, as nonstick pans inevitably do.

How have you been washing the snuggie? I have one I use every night, I haven't had a lot of issue with it.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4