Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-9 of 9
Your favorite and least favorite parts of Christmas? - Started by: chaseawaythedark
Your favorite and least favorite parts of Christmas?
Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 01:32 AM

Asking this now because of Christmas fatigue. I know that if someone from centuries ago viewed how we celebrated Christmas, they probably would see it as whimsical. The trees in our living rooms, the egg beverages, the radio songs, the Christmas pajamas, etc.

What's your favorite and least favorite aspects/parts?

RE: Your favorite and least favorite parts of Christmas?
Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 02:45 PM

Favourite part, gotta be the food!

Least favourite is everything else honestly. The holiday season is my least favourite part of the year in general.

Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 04:27 PM
Polar-Tang:
Favourite part, gotta be the food!

Least favourite is everything else honestly. The holiday season is my least favourite part of the year in general.

Auh buddi.

Let me tell yew.

Me and the old farm and part o the clan live in Australia yeh? So Chrissy is during the boilin blazin sunny heat yeh?

So prawns is Christmas food yeh?

The cuisine is actually all cooked in the head over here yeh?

In fact Christmas on this continent is not a particularly joyous or comfy time round here sir.

I personally dunt even celebrate it.

Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 04:37 PM
Sir-Meatch-Cleaver:
Favorite: Family and booze

Least favorite: The people that are no longer there

Fah'hawad my friend.

Like I was telling old maht above.

Christmas over here is kind of a sweaty, miserable... It's like going to the dentist and having dinner afterwards.

By virtue of my marvellous religious beliefs and exciting, lucrative occupation.

I dunt celebrate Christmas, I actually usually work over Christmas.

But there is still tequila goin on over here. At the old family residence.

My sister likes the tequila, and me mum likes to neck whatever alcohol ye got.

Availability is the key I'm told.

I don't drink, so I wouldn't know anymore.

But wow, do people not like to get walking into walls, leaning over kitchen bench, somehow smokin MY cigarettes drunk for the old festive season...

Do they not my friend?

Do they not?

Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 04:59 PM

favourite is food absolutely, i could live on the stuffing

least favourite is having 2 be around family lmao (its funny, usually when i mention that people get annoyed at me and pull the whole oh but thats the whole point of christmas! man, not everyone has decent families :P)

Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 05:09 PM
4FFLU3NZ4:
favourite is food absolutely, i could live on the stuffing

least favourite is having 2 be around family lmao (its funny, usually when i mention that people get annoyed at me and pull the whole oh but thats the whole point of christmas! man, not everyone has decent families :P)

Well based on your art style and the fact that you live in the Yewkaay (Yew okay in the Yewkaay mayte?), I can only deduce that your family are much like everyone else there...

They have wild hair that may or may not talk... They have barcodes on their backs of their necks, you're all celebrating Christmas... But with policemen present so as to arrest anyone who starts carrying on; and the Christmas meal is a kind of starch based nutrient paste in conjunction with a large, genetically modified roast rat? Dog? Goat?

I can see how you'd feel the way you do.

Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 06:12 PM

Well now that I have come into the knowing that you are a Portugolian... I'm not shocked that rum is your drink of choice.

Out there on the high seas... As you and your countrymen are reputed to often be (Engaging in piracy are we?), I imagine it's like an overseas pub crawl to Brazil or the Phillipines.

I have no doubt that your rum fuelled corsair lifestyle somehow factors into your Christmas tradition.

You mad sea dog.

Posted: 01 Jan 2024, 10:00 PM

Favorite parts of Christmas: for starters, I enjoy the food, drinks (sodas and tea), and looking at other people's Christmas lights' decorations

Least favorite parts of Christmas: constant group text messages

Posted: 07 Jan 2024, 09:38 PM

Favorite part is having an excuse to go out and shop for people, and seeing what family gets me. The aesthetic of Christmas and holiday season is cozy in general. A lot of shows have cute holiday specials.

All of my least favorite things correlate to how a lot of Christmas isn't as fun anymore after I became an adult. With the exception of this year, Christmas just felt "constrained" to one day because I have to immediately pack up go back to work. It has to all "stop" at a certain time so life goes back to normal. People in my neighborhood who had their lights decked out after Thanksgiving have it taken down by the 26th. It's too fleeting now.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-9 of 9