Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-1 of 1
Crossings - Started by: Cynicallia
Crossings
Posted: 23 Apr 2024, 09:21 PM

General thread for cool, scary, strange, or otherwise interesting, memorable encounters you've had and want to talk about. They can be recent or ancient, with celebrities or wildlife, or even an unplanned, coincidental, in-person meeting with one of your online friends.

I've met some very cool people in my life. Some have gone on to become famous. The thing that's really been on my mind, though, was a chance crossing of paths with an Eastern bluebird. They're so rare in my area these days. While I was walking through a local park this Easter, one zipped from the brambles to my right, barely a foot away from my face, to hunt for grubs in the soccer field to my left. Before my eyes could lock onto it again, I already knew what it was. That shade of blue is incredible; there's no mistaking it.

I struggled to get a couple of photos, but none worth keeping. It was just so fast, and would take flight again whenever I had it in sight. Still, I'm happy to have the memory of watching that tiny jewel hop and swoop so close to me for ten minutes. Way cooler than the time I met— ah, nevermind that old noise. How about you?

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-1 of 1