Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-20 of 20
No Return? - Started by: migucast
No Return?
Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 07:42 PM

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not... But I've noticed that after you post... You're sent to a screen where your only option is to return to the main site and not the forum or forum index you just posted on. Granted, you have a few seconds after you post to click to get back to the thread but that expires and if you missed it because you were in another window or distracted, you have to go back out to the main site and come back into the forums from there.

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 07:48 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 11 Sep 2006, 07:48 PM.
migucast:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not... But I've noticed that after you post... You're sent to a screen where your only option is to return to the main site and not the forum or forum index you just posted on. Granted, you have a few seconds after you post to click to get back to the thread but that expires and if you missed it because you were in another window or distracted, you have to go back out to the main site and come back into the forums from there.

After you post, you should be given a "Congrats, your post has been saved" message, with a link right below that to go back to thread where you just posted. Additionally, there are breadcrumbs above that to take you to the forum index, forum category, or forum thread, if you wish that instead.

What OS and browser are you using?

-- BK

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 08:08 PM

Nope. I just get [Return to Side 7][Profile][Forum FAQ][Search] and that's it. :p

Windows XP with MSIE6. Yes, BK. I upgraded! XD Remember when I was plotting along on Windows 95 and MSIE 4? Well, maybe not, it's been a while... But I WAS able to afford a new computer last year. ^^ But, getting back to the point... Yeah, the "Congratulations" message shows up but only for... About 5-6 seconds? Then it clears off and you just have the logo, that bar I wrote up there ^ and the forum key. That's it. Would you like a screenshot of it?

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 08:20 PM
migucast:
Windows XP with MSIE6. Yes, BK. I upgraded! XD Remember when I was plotting along on Windows 95 and MSIE 4? Well, maybe not, it's been a while... But I WAS able to afford a new computer last year. ^^

Oh yes, I remember! Hehehe. Congrats on the upgrade! :D

migucast:
Nope. I just get [Return to Side 7][Profile][Forum FAQ][Search] and that's it. :p

But, getting back to the point... Yeah, the "Congratulations" message shows up but only for... About 5-6 seconds? Then it clears off and you just have the logo, that bar I wrote up there ^ and the forum key. That's it. Would you like a screenshot of it?

Okay, so you're getting a failure after the screen refreshes and attempts to take you to the post you just made. Hm. And this happens every time?

A screenshot would be great, yeah.

-- BK

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 08:44 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 11 Sep 2006, 08:59 PM.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/genredleader/gwbug.jpg

Here you go.

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 10:33 PM
migucast:

Here you go.

I've noticed that the URL is to post.cgim. You should be on thread.cgim after you post. Out of curiosity, you're not hitting "Back" or "Reload" or anything after you post, are you?

-- BK

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 10:40 PM

Nope. It refreshes by itself within a few seconds of the "Congratulations" message to this page.

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 10:51 PM

Strange. I've tested it with IE on a number of Windows XP computers, and I cannot reproduce the problem. I'll continue to investigate, though.

-- BK

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 10:58 PM

Weird. I wonder what it is then...?

Posted: 12 Sep 2006, 12:26 PM
migucast:
Weird. I wonder what it is then...?

Can you do me a favor?

Next time you post a message, when you get the "Congratulations" page, can you quickly right-click on the page and select "View Source." When you do that, can you save the file (it should open in Notepad), and e-mail it to me at badkarma@side7.com?

Thanks. That will go a long way to figuring this out.

-- BK

Posted: 12 Sep 2006, 08:03 PM

Okay, I sent it.

Posted: 12 Sep 2006, 10:12 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Sep 2006, 10:14 PM.

Got it. I've made a minor change in the code. See if it is working properly for you now.

-- BK

Posted: 12 Sep 2006, 10:22 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Sep 2006, 10:22 PM.

Nope. Still refreshing.

Posted: 12 Sep 2006, 10:25 PM

Well, it should refresh. It's supposed to. But, it's supposed to refresh to the thread page. Not refresh back to post.cgim.

-- BK

Posted: 13 Sep 2006, 08:19 PM

Did it for me in IE6 too. Going to test this again now.

Posted: 13 Sep 2006, 08:23 PM

I was just able to reproduce it at work. Lead me to the problem, and I believe I have fixed it.

Let me know if it pops up anymore.

-- BK

Posted: 16 Sep 2006, 05:18 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 16 Sep 2006, 05:19 AM.

All fixed! ^^ Thanks!

Posted: 16 Sep 2006, 09:13 AM
migucast:
All fixed! ^^ Thanks!

Woot!

-- BK

Posted: 20 Sep 2006, 08:01 PM

I had this happen to me once... I'll keep an eye out too.

Posted: 20 Sep 2006, 08:37 PM
digoraccoon:
I had this happen to me once... I'll keep an eye out too.

Once, since I put in the fix above? Or prior to that fix?

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-20 of 20