Page 1 of 4 :: Viewing 1-25 of 90
spammer - Started by: Defunct Account
spammer
Posted: 17 Sep 2011, 06:44 AM

I know this is not a bug but I wasn't sure where else to put it
I have been getting spam comments from a user named apinderbara
when I checked the profile, the account was banned, but still I got a comment again from the same user a few seconds ago

Posted: 17 Sep 2011, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the head's up. I thought I had plugged that hole, but apparently not.

On the up-side, apparently we've grown big enough to attract spammers. I guess that's a good milestone? :surprised:

-- BK

Posted: 17 Sep 2011, 09:46 AM

I have a new patch in place to try to prevent this kind of abuse. Please keep me up to date.

-- BK

Posted: 19 Sep 2011, 12:29 AM
BadKarma:
Thanks for the head's up. I thought I had plugged that hole, but apparently not.

On the up-side, apparently we've grown big enough to attract spammers. I guess that's a good milestone? :surprised:

-- BK

lol if you look at it this way,

also another small problem I noticed,
there was a new post by you, but it didnt have the green notification thingy on the main forum

Posted: 19 Sep 2011, 11:50 AM
posesimo:
lol if you look at it this way,

also another small problem I noticed,
there was a new post by you, but it didnt have the green notification thingy on the main forum

Interesting. I cannot re-create that problem, but I'll keep my eyes open for it. There's a major update to the site coming, which will include large rewrites of a lot of site code and features. So, I'll review the status icon code.

-- BK

Posted: 20 Sep 2011, 12:56 AM

It has been happening for some time
for example, I only knew there was a new post here because I checked on the last poster

Posted: 20 Sep 2011, 12:50 PM

Okay. I'll definitely keep an eye on things, then. I've not seen what you're seeing, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

-- BK

RE: spammer
Posted: 19 Oct 2011, 10:53 AM

Uh-oh! I'm not sure, but you maybe having a spammer known as "jweelzaidi08" in "Announcements & Events" Forum. I just noticed it when came on here, yapping about sports. Looks like there's spammer problem here.

Posted: 19 Oct 2011, 12:39 PM

Yep. Thank you for the head's up and vigilance. This one I was aware of and have been fighting for 3 days, trying to find the security hole. I think I might have found it and plugged it. We'll see come tomorrow. They've been posting every day for the past 3-4 days in the morning. I've just been deleting the posts.

The account has been disabled, but was still able to post to the forums.

-- BK

re: spam
Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 05:42 PM

I have this problem as well.

I sent a report, but it didn't go through ("Contact Us e-mail could not be sent. The administrative staff has been notified.")

report message:

"I got spammed with private comments advertising unrelated things on my two newest submissions, 14-15 comments on each, all from the same member, and I can't even block them (it's greyed out) or get rid of the comments. "

spammer: iegravoisvalli

trying to sell watches, wedding dresses, and...male enhancement, I think. The watches and wedding dresses I might be able to tollerate, but not the other one. Please, this bothers me greatly. I don't want to leave, but if I have to look at 15 spam messages every time I click on my art, it's not worth it.

Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the head's up. We are working on solving this issue. Again.

Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 05:59 PM

ok, thank you.

Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 09:27 PM

All current offending junk accounts have been disabled or deleted, and all related comments have been removed.

Additionally, the comment code has been updated to help fight against brute-force comment submissions that bypass the use of the site's web forms. Cross your fingers that this will fix the issue.

In the upcoming new version of the site, this kind of spamming will not be possible.

-- BK

Spammer
Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 09:32 PM

I didn't note the email address but had the same issue.. got about 77 emails today at 10AM for "comments" on many of my images on my gallery. Defiantly difficult to delete and bugger-some. They must be using that hole to dump email envelopes in. :3

Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 10:09 PM

thank you so much. Really appreciate it. :)

Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 10:42 PM
davemint:
I didn't note the email address but had the same issue.. got about 77 emails today at 10AM for "comments" on many of my images on my gallery. Defiantly difficult to delete and bugger-some. They must be using that hole to dump email envelopes in. :3

Many apologies, Dave. Hopefully I have put a stop to it.

And aside from updating the site code to combat this, I've also IP blocked them at the server level, too.

-- BK

Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 10:43 PM
VioletWhirlwind:
thank you so much. Really appreciate it. :)

That's what I'm here for. :)

-- BK

Posted: 01 Sep 2014, 03:42 AM

new spammer on the loose his username: pcheapcoats

Posted: 01 Sep 2014, 02:46 PM

Spam bots are the worst. Thank you for fixing the issue. :)

Posted: 01 Sep 2014, 10:32 PM
metonnika:
Spam bots are the worst. Thank you for fixing the issue. :)

Oh yes, absolutely. S7v5 should make it even more difficult for them to infiltrate.

-- BK

They're like crabgrass – ugly and all over the place.
Posted: 30 Nov 2014, 05:50 AM

There's currently another infestation of spammers. Apparently, they've sold their souls so they can scam people. One, named oresolli, thought Nightmus needed to be deluged by a ridiculous number of images of imaginary products that really don't belong in a comment. I probably need not remind you of the other evil-doers currently infecting this forum.

Hopefully, S7v5 is close to ready.

RE: Spammer
Posted: 30 Nov 2014, 12:13 PM

Hey there, I have not been on here for a while. When I logged on I noticed I got eight new messages, but not from anyone good. I got spammed by
lpinelloalfo whoever that is, on November 1st 16:04 x3 through 16:01 x5.

Should I delete the messages?

Posted: 30 Nov 2014, 09:04 PM
Roadstripe:
There's currently another infestation of spammers. Apparently, they've sold their souls so they can scam people. One, named oresolli, thought Nightmus needed to be deluged by a ridiculous number of images of imaginary products that really don't belong in a comment. I probably need not remind you of the other evil-doers currently infecting this forum.

Hopefully, S7v5 is close to ready.

I'm on it. Thanks for the head's up. And S7v5 is coming along. :)

-- BK

Posted: 30 Nov 2014, 09:05 PM
Weasel_Silver24:
Hey there, I have not been on here for a while. When I logged on I noticed I got eight new messages, but not from anyone good. I got spammed by
lpinelloalfo whoever that is, on November 1st 16:04 x3 through 16:01 x5.

Should I delete the messages?

Yeah, go ahead. I'm going to shut down the account.

-- BK

Posted: 07 Dec 2014, 07:26 PM

Thank you. :D

Page 1 of 4 :: Viewing 1-25 of 90