Page 2 of 4 :: Viewing 26-50 of 90
spammer - Started by: Defunct Account
Spam Cannot Replace a Soul
Posted: 13 Sep 2015, 02:43 AM

Another spate of spammers. They might even be hijacking some bits of the site, which I'm pretty sure you'd consider an insult.

I understand the need to advertise, but I fail to see how a ruthless spamming would make people inclined to consider their products.

Re: Spammer
Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 10:20 AM

Spam - back again. Attacking the forums and attacking these two threads:

Wish List Time!
Side 7 v5 Status Update

Good luck!

Weasel_Silver24 Gallery

Death to Spam
Posted: 24 Oct 2015, 05:19 AM

How does one delete the spam comments, such as the sudden new attack today? I'd like to get rid of them, especially since I don't like the tacky background they stick on my submissions, but I don't see any way how to.

Posted: 16 Nov 2015, 02:08 PM
Roadstripe:
How does one delete the spam comments, such as the sudden new attack today? I'd like to get rid of them, especially since I don't like the tacky background they stick on my submissions, but I don't see any way how to.

Regrettably, there currently isn't a way. The new site in-progress does have that capability, though. The best you can do with the current site is to hide the comments (make them private).

-- BK

RE: spammer
Posted: 08 Mar 2016, 10:56 AM

There's someone going by as wiganwmlan, and it's made 13 annoying comments my picture/drawing
"Out of Control Grounder - Cover"

I've hide the comments on that image, but it don't seem to work. The background of that page seems to act a little strange too.

I noticed when uploading images you can override files, would doing that do me any good of getting rid of those ad comments?

Just curious... Thanks.

Posted: 20 Mar 2016, 09:02 PM

I've been getting a bunch from wiganwmlan, too. Seems to have hit my pics still listed on the homepage as "Recent Uploads".

Posted: 20 Mar 2016, 11:15 PM

The spam messages from that account have been removed, and that account has been disabled.

-- BK

Another one
Posted: 22 Jul 2016, 01:51 AM

I tried using the support feature, but it bounced.

Looks like there's another one: hnorthwomen

They've left over 50 spam comments in the last half hour for shoes, clothing and jewelry. They're leaving around 10 comments on each image.

Kat

Posted: 22 Jul 2016, 02:06 AM

Likewise.

Seems this hnorthwomen might be making their way through the Recent Uploads page. -.-

RE; Spammer
Posted: 22 Jul 2016, 05:22 PM

Me too. July 13 hnorthwomen left one comment on my drawing "Flying Ninja Squirrel". Then, today (Jul. 22) hnorthwomen left comments on my drawing "Sonic and Tails - The Chase" six times in a row.

I want happy and helpful comments on my drawings, not ugly ones.

I tried to send a comment a few weeks ago but it came back in my email as
an error. I know you are busy, but please fix this. :(

Posted: 23 Jul 2016, 10:33 AM

User disabled. All spammed comments deleted.

-- BK

Re: Spammer
Posted: 27 Jul 2016, 11:15 AM

Thanks for disabling hnorthwomen spammer, but now spam strikes again at
"Wish List Time!". :(

Posted: 27 Jul 2016, 08:00 PM

Spammers are the worst. >_<

I just spotted another spambot that goes by the name "glevanglerodo."
Their posting a lot of spam on the forms.

RE: Spammer
Posted: 29 Jul 2016, 12:53 PM

July 28, spammer: mcoopermanmauro left a comment on my drawing "Flying Ninja Squirrel" x8 of them.

I'm going to start posting/reporting these jerk spammers, until fixed.

Re: spammer
Posted: 04 Aug 2016, 04:04 PM

Aug 4th, spammer strikes again here on the forums, known as asdonavansanto . Hitting Side 7 v5 Status Update and Bug Reports.

Posted: 02 Sep 2016, 10:47 PM

Got another one: sapelsbrit
Dropped 19 ads on a single pic of mine. So far, they haven't hit any of my other ones yet.

I also got hit by mcoopermanmauro back in July. 21 ads over three pics.

Posted: 07 Sep 2016, 01:15 PM

Sept. 04, there's a spammer known as pnnopegg on the lose, commenting on
kip grimes' images "Black" x9 and "Caught Red Handed"x10, and there's spam in message forums again.

Posted: 10 Sep 2016, 09:56 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 10 Sep 2016, 10:02 PM.

There's more than that, my recent two submissions have received spam comments from several identities, though pnnopegg is one of those who has left the spam comments! So along with pnnopegg, these are the spam identities who have left spam comments on my Castle Greyskull - Ground Complete and Castle Greyskull 02 submissions:

sapelsbrit
edobunkerrenal
rhelfertjohn

It has become quite annoying to get dozens of email notifications that I have received a comment on a pic of mine, only to find that it is one of these spamming jerks!

My other concern, is that the option to block the commenter, is not available, so has the site been hacked as well? Even the Manage Commenter Blacklist option is not available!

Posted: 11 Sep 2016, 01:12 PM

All of the above complaints should be taken care of. Thanks for your continued vigilance. It helps a lot.

God, I cannot wait to get the new site finished.

-- BK

Posted: 11 Sep 2016, 07:18 PM

Thanks BK, I've just seen that all those spam comments have gone from my pics!

Phew they were really annoying!

Posted: 20 Sep 2016, 03:39 PM

A spammer known as oraeguizabtheod has hit General Chit Chat forum.
Then many artists pictures in the recently uploaded pictures have been hit by a
spammer: slzolnoskerafae ten or so times.

Posted: 20 Sep 2016, 09:04 PM
Weasel_Silver24:
A spammer known as oraeguizabtheod has hit General Chit Chat forum.
Then many artists pictures in the recently uploaded pictures have been hit by a
spammer: slzolnoskerafae ten or so times.

Thanks for that. I've taken care of it.

-- BK

Posted: 20 Sep 2016, 09:19 PM

My pic Castle Greyskull 02 has been hit by this slzolnoskerafae person also!

Plus, Block Commenter is not functioning, would be very useful here!

Posted: 20 Sep 2016, 10:27 PM
Zentron:
My pic Castle Greyskull 02 has been hit by this slzolnoskerafae person also!

Plus, Block Commenter is not functioning, would be very useful here!

Sorry I missed those. I've taken care of them.

And, yeah, the block commenter function is broken, and for that I apologize. The new site works properly in that regard.

-- BK

Posted: 20 Sep 2016, 10:36 PM

The annoying part is where they have edited the page, so that when I click on what should take me to my gallery or another area of Side7, it takes me to an entirely different website!

Page 2 of 4 :: Viewing 26-50 of 90