Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
Problem with the messaging system - Started by: fragmented_imagination
Problem with the messaging system
Posted: 01 Apr 2022, 05:01 PM

I have tried sending a couple of messages out today, but I have been running into issues. The first was a PM to another user (sorry, BK, I was trying to at least get my comments on the new site to you), but I hit 404 just clicking on the "Contact" button on the user page. The second was an attempt to use the "Contact Us" option under Support. I filled out my message, but, when I submitted it, I hit another 404 message, so I don't know if the message was sent or not. I haven't been in communication for a while, so I don't know if this has been a problem lately.

Uh, incidentally... are there still restrictions on file sizes? I can't find any mention of dimensions/data restrictions for artwork uploading.

RE: Problem with the messaging system
Posted: 02 Apr 2022, 11:07 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 02 Apr 2022, 11:08 PM.
fragmented_imagination:
I have tried sending a couple of messages out today, but I have been running into issues. The first was a PM to another user (sorry, BK, I was trying to at least get my comments on the new site to you), but I hit 404 just clicking on the "Contact" button on the user page. The second was an attempt to use the "Contact Us" option under Support. I filled out my message, but, when I submitted it, I hit another 404 message, so I don't know if the message was sent or not. I haven't been in communication for a while, so I don't know if this has been a problem lately.

Uh, incidentally... are there still restrictions on file sizes? I can't find any mention of dimensions/data restrictions for artwork uploading.

Sorry for the 404s. Those are areas that are being cleaned up and made functional with upcoming updates. You can still send PMs by going to your message center, and clicking "New Message'.

As to the file size restrictions, no, there are no dimensional restrictions. I believe the upload limit is 10MB per file, IIRC. Since most content that would be uploadable is well below that size, I didn't put in any notation on file size. Maybe I should... hmm.

-- BK

Posted: 03 Apr 2022, 03:22 AM
BadKarma:
Sorry for the 404s. Those are areas that are being cleaned up and made functional with upcoming updates. You can still send PMs by going to your message center, and clicking "New Message'.

As to the file size restrictions, no, there are no dimensional restrictions. I believe the upload limit is 10MB per file, IIRC. Since most content that would be uploadable is well below that size, I didn't put in any notation on file size. Maybe I should... hmm.

Thanks. I was a little concerned because, if the messages weren't working, I was running out of options.

As for the mention of file size, it might be wise to post it somewhere even if there technically isn't much restriction. The main reason for this would be to let some of the older users know that there isn't a major limit when they're still used to the old system.

Posted: 03 Apr 2022, 01:16 PM
fragmented_imagination:
As for the mention of file size, it might be wise to post it somewhere even if there technically isn't much restriction. The main reason for this would be to let some of the older users know that there isn't a major limit when they're still used to the old system.

You make a good point. I will add a notation in the next update.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4