Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-6 of 6
November 2022 Challenge Ideas - Started by: BadKarma
November 2022 Challenge Ideas
Posted: 06 Nov 2022, 01:04 AM

Side 7 used to conduct monthly and weekly art challenges. These were geared to help artists come up with new content, push their comfort zones, and possibly make something new that they wouldn't otherwise have made.

I'm looking for ideas for November's Monthly Challenge. Usually these are in the form of a prompt, such as "Guardian of the Forest" or "Polar-opposite siblings".

I would love to hear your ideas for a November-themed challenge. This could relate to Thanksgiving (if you celebrate that), autumn, etc.

Winning idea earns its submitter 100 S7 Credits! Yes, you may enter more than one idea.

-- BK

RE: November 2022 Challenge Ideas
Posted: 06 Nov 2022, 03:30 PM

I kinda got this idea from one of my nephews' art projects. In the vein of Thanksgiving, how about pictures of turkeys avoiding becoming dinner? Could be anything from wearing a disguise (my nephew's task) to taking up arms against humans or simply finding fantastic ways to escape.

Posted: 07 Nov 2022, 10:09 AM

I'll try to think of some more original ideas but I've seen a few events running this month already on social media worth mentioning.

"Huevember" is an existing challenge in which artists use a limited colour palette per day to make artwork.
Perhaps we could do something similar? Art in an Autumn themed colour palette?
There's also NoPenber which seems to be for art solely done in pencil. Maybe an event focusing on using tools/supplies you might not usually use to create artwork?

Posted: 13 Nov 2022, 03:45 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 13 Nov 2022, 03:51 PM.
JediPrincess:
There's also NoPenber which seems to be for art solely done in pencil.

I'm inclined to go with this idea. I've sometimes found that I'm more inclined to start drawing if I'm doing it by pencil.

We could also use a banner or box on the main page to show active events. I'm partially inclined to think that Junicorn went without much participation because no one really noticed it was running (except for the influx of unicorns).

Posted: 14 Nov 2022, 02:44 PM
JediPrincess:
"Huevember" is an existing challenge in which artists use a limited colour palette per day to make artwork.

I really like this idea! ^^ getting better at working from alternative color palettes is already a goal I've been working on personally, and it would be fun to have something to participate in related to that.

Posted: 14 Nov 2022, 05:14 PM
Fihyn:
JediPrincess:

I really like this idea! ^^ getting better at working from alternative color palettes is already a goal I've been working on personally, and it would be fun to have something to participate in related to that.

I really like this idea, too. :D

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-6 of 6