Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
DYORPG! - Started by: Thorvald
DYORPG!
Posted: 20 Feb 2023, 08:30 PM

Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such travesties as "DRAW Your Own Story X" and "DRAW Your Own Story XI". Back in 2021 as part of a crash course in learning the RPG Maker software, I put together a tech demo based on my oeuvre to the comics in the as-yet-unmirrored DYOS VI (original write-up on Paytreon and this dA journal). A belated anniversary commemoration, I've released an update that incorporates several third-party plugins to polish up the UI.

It's quite a deviation from your typical RPG Maker game: the total play time clocks in between 30–40 minutes, but the overwhelming majority of that time is devoted to the two battles that are essentially miniature boss fights. Even if the in-jokes will go over the heads of a general audience, it should still play as a whimsical romp and a teaser to what I might one day be able to grow into a full-fledged adventure. Can you find all four endings?

You can download it here, with builds for macOS and mobile platforms. N.B.: I don't use Mac so that version hasn't been verified; mobile package includes the game files but does not supply the runtime environment, so you'll have to supply the APK yourself.

RE: DYORPG!
Posted: 24 Feb 2023, 03:47 PM

I will definitely have to check this out!
-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2