Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-17 of 17
some bugs I've found - Started by: HimejoshiHeart
some bugs I've found
Posted: 06 May 2023, 09:11 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 06 May 2023, 09:40 PM.
  • my links keep disappearing in forum posts so I can't plug my skie or winter calendar fics in the plugs form

• for some reason it keeps logging me out (android firefox nightly)

• can't go to prev page?

• also I didn't get any notifs when people posted in my intro thread rip
RE: some bugs I've found
Posted: 06 May 2023, 10:05 PM
HimejoshiHeart:
also I didn't get any notifs when people posted in my intro thread rip

The forums don't actually have a notification system in place, but one is aiming to be added in the next update.

Posted: 07 May 2023, 02:46 AM

ah. good to know!

Posted: 07 May 2023, 11:49 AM

i believe the logging out is on purpose and happens when you close the browser, same thing happens with mine (im on chrome)
a "remember me" checkbox when you log in would be nice!

Posted: 07 May 2023, 06:22 PM

@4FFLU3NZ4: huh. when I made a post on my journal about it, the owner was confused about it... but a "remember me" option would be amazing! :3

Posted: 07 May 2023, 06:32 PM

new bug just dropped. IF I edit a post after seeing the preview and before posting it it just disappears

Posted: 07 May 2023, 08:30 PM

whoops ninja'd :p

HimejoshiHeart:
new bug just dropped. IF I edit a post after seeing the preview and before posting it it just disappears

The trouble is that there are three edit buttons: one at the top in the post, and two on the left in the larger pane, and they don't link to the same thing ('/edit' v. '/reedit'). I've had it happen to me both in general replies and thread OPs: the former is meant for existing posts, while the latter is specifically editing the preview. The post is technically published, but it's rendered invisible—contact @BadKarma with links to the affected threads and he can fix 'em.

When in doubt, Always Lean Left:

edit impostor

Posted: 07 May 2023, 08:33 PM
HimejoshiHeart:

I will get that looked into and the fix into the next update.
-- BK

Posted: 07 May 2023, 08:38 PM
4FFLU3NZ4:
i believe the logging out is on purpose and happens when you close the browser, same thing happens with mine (im on chrome)

There is supposed to be a timeout, but it's not supposed to be that short of a time. I'll look into what's going on. I'm not having the same issues, however, which is why I was confused.

By chance, is your browser set to delete cookies upon closing?
-- BK

Posted: 07 May 2023, 08:51 PM

New Bug: If I'm editing a reply and someone else posts before I finish, my post ID is reserved and I pre-empt their response. :^)

Posted: 07 May 2023, 10:40 PM
Thorvald:
**New Bug:** If I'm [editing a reply](https://www.side7.com/forums/thread/723/1#6393) and someone else posts before I finish, my post ID is reserved and I pre-empt their response. :^)

That's because when the post is originally saved, it's given its ID at that point. The point at which it is published is a separate point in time, but is not recorded. So, this is by current design. It's a race condition that I didn't think would be a big issue. Apparently it might be one, after all.
-- BK

Posted: 07 May 2023, 10:42 PM
Thorvald:
whoops ninja'd :p

HimejoshiHeart:

The trouble is that there are *three* edit buttons: one at the top in the post, and two on the left in the larger pane, and they *don't* link to the same thing ('/edit' v. '/reedit'). I've had it happen to me both in general replies and thread OPs: the former is meant for *existing* posts, while the latter is specifically editing the preview. The post is technically *published*, but it's rendered invisible—contact [@BadKarma](/u/BadKarma/gallery) with links to the affected threads and he can fix 'em.

When in doubt, Always Lean Left:

![edit impostor](https://i.postimg.cc/BZLqbrcT/editimpostor.png)

The confusing buttons above the post have been removed in v5.17.
-- BK

Posted: 07 May 2023, 10:45 PM
HimejoshiHeart:
- my links keep disappearing in forum posts so I can't plug my skie or winter calendar fics in the plugs form

- for some reason it keeps logging me out (android firefox nightly)

- can't go to prev page?

- also I didn't get any notifs when people posted in my intro thread rip

- Are you using HTML links? If so, that's an unintended bug that is fixed in the upcoming update.

- The log out is a confusing one for me, as I'm having issues recreating it. Do you have your browser set to delete cookies upon closing?

- The pagination issue is fixed in the next update.

- Forums notifications have been implemented in the next update. :)

There's a lot of stuff coming in the next update. (v5.17)
-- BK

Posted: 08 May 2023, 11:23 AM
BadKarma:
4FFLU3NZ4:

There is supposed to be a timeout, but it's not supposed to be that short of a time. I'll look into what's going on. I'm not having the same issues, however, which is why I was confused.

By chance, is your browser set to delete cookies upon closing?
-- BK

nope i checked and it doesn't

Posted: 08 May 2023, 06:33 PM
4FFLU3NZ4:
nope i checked and it doesn't

Hm. Okay. Thank you.
-- BK

Posted: 09 May 2023, 12:41 AM
HimejoshiHeart:
- my links keep disappearing in forum posts so I can't plug my skie or winter calendar fics in the plugs form

- for some reason it keeps logging me out (android firefox nightly)

- can't go to prev page?

- also I didn't get any notifs when people posted in my intro thread rip

All of these should be fixed now. v5.17 is live.
-- BK

Posted: 09 May 2023, 11:27 AM

@BadKarma: pogchamp!

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-17 of 17