Posted: 09 Oct 2007, 07:12 AM

i just want internet that wont screw upis that possible?\
and everytime i wash my hair i get sick *snifff

Posted: 10 Oct 2007, 06:53 PM

At last! Autumn!

Posted: 11 Oct 2007, 06:24 AM

looks like i have a fever after all :(

Posted: 11 Oct 2007, 08:19 PM

If Poseidon lived in the Southern Hemisphere, would he have spring fever? Get well soon.

Posted: 12 Oct 2007, 07:22 AM
Roadstripe:
If Poseidon lived in the Southern Hemisphere, would he have spring fever? Get well soon.

yes he would cause bad luck is always after him D:
ATCHUM

Posted: 13 Oct 2007, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Quoth Poseidon:
ATCHUM

Gust-hound-tights.

Posted: 13 Oct 2007, 05:45 AM

THATS how its spelled?
heheon another note: this album really does rock

Posted: 13 Oct 2007, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Quoth Poseidon:]
THATS how its spelled?

Only because I have trouble remembering the proper spelling.

I wonder if this new patch will work.

Posted: 14 Oct 2007, 06:41 AM

vzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzwoofARFzzzzzzZZZZzZZzZzBANG

Posted: 14 Oct 2007, 11:23 AM

I am special.

Also: With you, CyberCorn, I'm surprised it wasn't goose-hound-tights.

Posted: 17 Oct 2007, 03:14 AM

It's dead, Jim.

Quote:
Quoth Jinx:
Also: With you, CyberCorn, I'm surprised it wasn't goose-hound-tights.

It honestly never occured to me.

Posted: 17 Oct 2007, 07:18 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 17 Oct 2007, 07:19 AM.

i am paying you to give me internet you kno?
now
gimme internets!!!

Posted: 28 Oct 2007, 02:21 PM

Role players are not fun.

Posted: 29 Oct 2007, 08:57 AM
Roadstripe:
Role players are not fun.

I wonder what happened to make you think that. :)

Posted: 29 Oct 2007, 04:35 PM

Quiet lately.

Posted: 30 Oct 2007, 06:57 AM

if i ever get my hand on those internet providers
ill kill em

Posted: 01 Nov 2007, 04:33 PM

So how many words was that...

Posted: 02 Nov 2007, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Quoth BadKarma:
I wonder what happened to make you think that. :)

Well, it's more of a gut reaction than a well-thought-out and fair opinion. Nor is it anything personal. I felt that way after reading through some posts on Furcadia's "behind the scenes" forum on role playing. It seemed to me that the hardcore role players were having more fun with introducing character sheets and typing up long lists of rules and massive amounts of continuity backstory (the type of stuff which often scare newcomers off) than with actually role playing.

Posted: 04 Nov 2007, 09:03 AM
Roadstripe:
Well, it's more of a gut reaction than a well-thought-out and fair opinion. Nor is it anything personal. I felt that way after reading through some posts on Furcadia's "behind the scenes" forum on role playing. It seemed to me that the hardcore role players were having more fun with introducing character sheets and typing up long lists of rules and massive amounts of continuity backstory (the type of stuff which often scare newcomers off) than with actually role playing.

Ah, I see. I don't do online, forum-based role playing. I do table-top role playing, and I role play my characters in City of Heroes. And by that, I mean I portray the character's personality. It's about more than just the numbers.

Posted: 04 Nov 2007, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Quoth Bad Karma:
Ah, I see. I don't do online, forum-based role playing. I do table-top role playing, and I role play my characters in City of Heroes. And by that, I mean I portray the character's personality. It's about more than just the numbers.

Actually, it's not forum-based role playing. It's the MMOSRPG [url=www.furcadia.com]Furcadia[/url], which can be described in an over-simplified manner as a chat room with graphics which allow you to see everyone. Players (AKA "furres") can Socialize (OOC stuff) or role play in one of two manners (the IC stuff) – Persona (anything goes) and Strict (continuity first). More info on the two types of role play can be found here.

Naturally, in order to keep players from ruining a Strict RP continuity, rules have to be laid down, backstory filled in, ways of solving disputes created, statistics need to be kept (in some cases, anyway). Some groups require newcomers to fill out applications and character sheets if they want to join the group. I know it's necessary to prevent players from willfully or accidentally screwing up the continuity. I have no gripe with that.

Unfortunately, it also scares away newcomers, intimidated by all the paperwork after a long day at work or school. And then established role players have the audacity to complain that those intimidated newcomers are really just lazy. Then they grouse that role play is dying, in need of new blood, even though they're making sure they're keeping people out of their role play. They type out pages of continuity stuff on their websites, but don't say a word about what sort of fun a newcomer can have role playing there. To me that sends the message that the players aren't important, only the continuity.

Posted: 08 Nov 2007, 01:25 AM

I like to write; I just don't like the paperwork involved.

Posted: 08 Nov 2007, 07:52 AM

talk yes talk
talk that sweat away rar!!!

Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 03:21 AM

Gee, this forum certainly screeches to a halt sometimes. :o

Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 06:40 AM

welllp i finally got a new pc.. but i know thatif i unplug teh router now that my internet is finally working.. ill be without internet for at elast one day again :((

Page 11 of 31 :: Viewing 251-275 of 752