Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
Kino Thorvald - Started by: Thorvald
Kino Thorvald
Posted: 03 Mar 2024, 07:40 PM

People familiar with my work in DYOS know that I've done several Downfall parodies on/for the comic, indexed in my gallery here (see tag "video in description". Lesser-known is the assortment of music video montages I made circa the 2010s, done largely for fun as personal projects and circulated sparingly amongst friends. I had previously published a full* index of my repertoire on DeviantArt, but Journals were a nightmare to search even before Eclipse, and a chat with @XxTheCreativeKitsunexX inspired me to transcribe it here, where they might actually accrue more than passing interest. :P This thread will also serve as a news feed for future projects.

(* excepting three DYOS-relevant videos withheld for spoilers)

All videos use the password 5tr@
v!n5k3—be advised this can't be copy-pasted straight due to an invisible space after the @ to prevent auto-formatting.

A Force of Nature [2009]

(Cartoon violence, TF2-style]

Music video of "Meet the Scout" set to "A Force of Nature" by Renard Queenston. I discovered Renard via the original "John Freeman" song used at the end of djy1991's Full-Life Consequences Gmod series, and developed a Pavlovian association between the musician and my own forays into Garry's Mod toward the end of DYOS X (and linked songs as Easter eggs in a couple of comics)—in a cosmic irony, I'm fairly certain the friend that introduced me to Full-Life Consequences was themself a furry. :B I forwarded this to the artist but never heard back, a limbo that may have single-handedly kept me off YouTube: when I started the Downfall Parodies the next year, it was the middle of the Constantin Copyright War, and I went shopping for alternative hosts. Originally made in Windows Movie Maker, this was remastered in 2013 when I first aired it publicly; aside from better picture quality and minor adjustments to clip lengths, it is practically identical to the first cut.

Red Alert Retrospective [2009]

(War, Soviets, Moustache Man)

A nostalgic look back at the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series by Westwood Studios... and RA3. Inspired by/an update to a video by 3hish made before Red Alert 3 was released, I expanded the foundation across all three games and drastically livened up the RA2 section. This was remastered in 2014 as I transitioned my work from Sony Vegas Pro to Adobe Premiere Pro, and I'm eyeing a second rework with the new videos from C&C Remastered.

Oodachlivih Sina [2012]

(Live-action violence, occupation of Afghanistan)

Russian: "Fortunate Son". Tribute to the Russian film 9 rota (9th Company), a fictionalized portrayal of the battle of Hill 3234 during the Soviet–Afghan War. Essentially the Russian counterpart to Full Metal Jacket (minus the auteurist streak), it inspired me to adapt one of the most iconic protest songs of the Vietnam War to the Afghan context. This was the last video created in full in Sony Vegas before I decided it was too unstable and moved everything to Adobe in 2014.

Gettin' Jungledyret [2013]

(Cartoon violence, drug references, mild sensuality)

Parody music video-cum-montage retrospective of the first two Jungledyret films. A product of true happenstance, I came across a short GIF from the second film at the same time "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" was playing on the radio, and in something similar to Myth Noir in DYOS, an idle diversion blew up into me binging the whole franchise. I consider this one of the best things I have ever produced. Can you can spot the inspiring sequence?

She Loves You, Jungledyret [2014]

A sequel of sorts to the above, and the closest I'll probably ever come to bona fide shipping: Hugo and Rita are the most overtly romantic coupling I've ever seen in a kids' film, so a montage set to a Beatles cover band came almost instinctively and remarkably easily. :3

RE: Kino Thorvald
Posted: 03 Mar 2024, 09:46 PM
Sir-Meatch-Cleaver:
Thorv, kino means high quality :0

Well I'll be a bunny's uncle. ||||||:^{3>

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2