Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
Weekly Oscar awards for good people across the internet - Started by: BatmanWilliams
Weekly Oscar awards for good people across the internet
Posted: 06 Mar 2024, 04:51 PM

I say "weekly" because that seems to be the average length of time to fill in a forum thread page here, but it can go as fast as the participants make it, whether faster or slower.

I see a lot of forums on the internet, especially the forums for the website that shares the biggest demographic with this one. Many have an annual mock Oscar award ceremony each year, similar to a yearbook. Members can be nominated for things such as "forum king" or "forum queen" or "most likely to work for MIT". Inb4 anyone does that here, I've often wanted to ask, what about "good people"? Your friendly neighborhood [insert site here] hooman? People need to know there are those who appreciate them for not being "toxic". Elect a good samaritan for friendliness.

This is how this game is going to work. Brought to you by a friend who tried doing something similar on TheTopTens, it starts by remembering each thread page on a Side 7 thread has a maximum of 25 replies on it (except the front page of each thread, which only has 24 because the OP counts too). Each reply on this thread will name one random individual found somewhere on the internet (can be anywhere online, anywhere), and the replier will describe them in three adjectives, each of the three words being one of the three virtues that stand out the most to the replier. Everyone else, while also doing the same thing with another individual, will cast a vote by saying which other reply (by someone other than them, in case anyone wants to insert more than one per page) on the same page they agree with the most, either being aware of their answer by replying after it or by editing their own reply if the one they agree with the most replies after them. The individual with the most votes gets a internet bro/sis of the week (again not necessarily a week, there will be one for every time a page on this thread fills up) award, which takes the form of one of us keeping a list of these wonderful people in the form of a literature submission which can be edited periodically. So it would function as a canonization system, a meritocratic one, for those known for being there for people. Bonus pride if they see their name or decide to sign up for Side 7.

RE: Weekly Oscar awards for good people across the internet
Posted: 06 Mar 2024, 06:19 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 07 Mar 2024, 02:40 AM.

Barosus from DeviantArt

Patient, Dedicated, Wise

(my vote on this page goes to the entry at https://www.side7.com/forums/thread/955/1#9232 as he's an encouraging and understanding voice to us all)

Posted: 06 Mar 2024, 09:44 PM

BadKarma of Side7

Patient, Diplomatic, Under-appreciated

Posted: 18 Mar 2024, 10:10 AM

I wvant to give much overdue praise and acknowledgement to Jarbalus520.

JARBALUS 💪!!!

You've been a great help.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4