Page 1 of 2 :: Viewing 1-25 of 38
What Pets do you Have? - Started by: Knibitz
What Pets do you Have?
Posted: 24 Oct 2006, 11:49 PM

I love my pets :D

I have one Mini Schnauzer, Reggie
and 5 hermit crabs (Jonathan, Jasmine, Eli, AppleJack (Jack), and Mic)

I did have 17 hermit crabs, but I lost quite a few over the summer when no one took care of them while I was away (even though I gave SPECIFIC directions to my family :\ its the worse call to ever get "honey, all your hermit crabs were all dead and dried up, why didn't you tell us to t ake care of them?" I DID TELL YOU! YOU JUST FORGOT!! GAH!! loves my hermies)

RIP: Angel, Eric, Danny, Maurice, Betty, Mike, Phil, Sully, Lexi, Andrew, and Annabelle. o_0... I sound like a murderer :(

Posted: 25 Oct 2006, 10:57 AM

Two cats, a six-pound black Himalayan named Tux and a 20-pound bulldog-shaped brown tabby named Tiger. Naturally, Tiger's the lap cat.

Posted: 25 Oct 2006, 11:02 AM

right now I dont ahve any pet
but dring my life time I had
two turtles... four fishes taht all died in one day, two canaries, a cat, a dog, and a turkey atht I believe I ate without knowing

Posted: 25 Oct 2006, 01:27 PM

Currently, we have

Four cats:

• Karma - An American Short-hair Tiger-striped cat.
  • Tia - A black, long-hair Norwegian Forest cat
  • Sparc - A black and white short-hair Tuxedo cat.
  • Roufus - Our short-hair tortoise-shell cat.

Five rats:
  • Three we are rat-sitting for a friend.
  • Monkey.
  • Cloud.

One mouse:
  • Snow.

Two Bettas:
  • Dragon.
  • Star

-- BK

Posted: 25 Oct 2006, 02:51 PM

I can't have pets where I'm living right now, but my parents/little sisters have a twitchy tortoiseshell cat named Stoffi, and my friend Nikki is taking care of my betta (Conan) who is red with blue fin membranes. My big gray tomcat (Sam or just Cat) died a few months ago. I had owned him since I was two and he was the only animal I've ever been really attatched to so I thought I should mention him as well :)

Posted: 25 Oct 2006, 03:55 PM
posesimo:
four fishes taht all died in one day,

Me too! and I waited till the next day to call the pet shop, and they said that they can't refund fish after 24 hours! I WAS MAD! I paid $4 per fish, and I was a broke little middle school student, so $8 was a lot :( (this isn't including the fish tank, rocks, etc)
There names were Adam and Andy, which turned out to be my friend's twin brother's names. Which was just creepy.

My fish were black moores.

Posted: 25 Oct 2006, 04:28 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 25 Oct 2006, 04:31 PM.

I have a mini schnazuer too, Spaz! How cool :D his name is Alex and he's my dad's baby. The dog is also highly jealous of my lovebird and will often leave the room and go pout in his bed when I have him out in the living room.

My lovebird is a blue peachfaced, named Couscous "Nibbles" von Stabbybeak. I also have a "Baby Dinosaur" salamander named Glurg the Picklebullet.

I've had lots of fish, lots of dogs, and lots of geckos. I seem to like having slightly odd pets :D

Posted: 25 Oct 2006, 09:07 PM

Hmm, does Mr. von Stabbybeak have a temper problem?

Fish and geckos aren't too odd. I tried to keep a wild gecko I caught in the kitchen sink once, but I did a very bad job of it. I also had an iguana briefly, who was a doll but I was also a very bad caretaker, so she went to a pet shop and hopefully a better home. My brother had a bunch of different small pets like hamsters and fish. Now he has a flying squirrel.

I'll also mention my mother's cat, Smoke, 'cause he was my baby for many years. I was even offered to take him when I moved up here, but I know he wouldn't have enjoyed it. Certainly wouldn't have enjoyed moving in with other cats after he went nuts at his own reflection the other day...

And I'm sorry to hear about your kitty, Grinn. I didn't really have a pet for my entire childhood like that, mostly due to intercontinental moves, but I know how hard it is to lose a pet, and especially a cat.

Posted: 26 Oct 2006, 06:48 AM
spaz:
posesimo:
four fishes taht all died in one day,

Me too! and I waited till the next day to call the pet shop, and they said that they can't refund fish after 24 hours! I WAS MAD! I paid $4 per fish, and I was a broke little middle school student, so $8 was a lot :( (this isn't including the fish tank, rocks, etc)
There names were Adam and Andy, which turned out to be my friend's twin brother's names. Which was just creepy.

My fish were black moores.

that sucks
my fishes died cause they were tropical fish They needed thermoeters etc and they didnt tell me that at the pet shop. I was a kid iI had no idea

RE: What Pets do you Have?
Posted: 26 Oct 2006, 07:39 PM

I have 2 cats: a Siamese and a Maincoon. The Siamese is named Mandy, and the Maincoon is Pearl. They're my 'daughters.'

Posted: 27 Oct 2006, 01:27 PM

I only have one pet of my own right now, which still seems weird to me having grown up with so many. He's a sweet little grey kitty named D'Argo. He has the cutest little toes! Two of them are white, and he has two white spots on his tummy, too. He was a birthday present a little over a year ago.

Posted: 31 Oct 2006, 07:15 AM

We have... Er.. HAD two cats... But some workers across the street, fixing up a house, found an abandoned kitten that was about 2-3 weeks old and brought him over to our house. So, now we have three. :p The eldest is Mimi, she's black, white, and brown, mostly brown. Ricky, is the next youngest, about two years or so old, he and his sibling appeared on our doorstep one day, as very, VERY tiny kittens and then disappeared a day later. A month or two afterwards, he turned up in backyard and we KNOW he's the same kitten from that pair because we took pictures and he has an unmistakable white spot on his nose which is the same as one of those kittens. We have no idea what happened to its sibling. Now, the new one is named Muchi and he's bright orange. Now, he's about 4-5 weeks old. He hasn't grown much bigger but his teeth are out and he's FINALLY learned how to use a litter box. Mimi doesn't like him at all, much the way she can't stand Ricky, but Ricky, strangest of all.. Has grown quite fond of the kitten. He routinely picks him up and ferries him around the house and bathes him. So much so, that we have to make sure the door to the bathroom that we keep the baby in is always tightly shut because Ricky WILL force open the door and go and play with the kitten.

Aside from those three, we have various strays that come to the house regularly. Two cats out front, one out back, a large toad which we call (Mr. Froggy) who lives in our pond out back and his small family which, get along, surprisingly well with the cat out back. They all eat the same hard cat food too. :p Which the neighborhood birds also eat. Hell, once we had a blue crab, show up in our backyard and eat the cat food too! And we don't even live near ANY bodies of water (probably a land crab, though from where, I don't know since I've never seen land crabs here in Florida before).

Posted: 01 Nov 2006, 11:40 PM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 05 Nov 2006, 11:23 PM.

pets huh? for me it's more like a zoo!

lets see, what me and my boyfriend have here...

lizards:
1 chinese water dragon
1 sandfire bearded dragon
1 gargoyle gecko
1 crested gecko

Frogs:
1 ornate horned frog
3 suriname horned frogs
2 bumble bee dart frogs
3 egyptian toads
2 java toads
1 whites tree frog
1 tomato frog

Snakes:
4 cornsnakes
8 ball pythons
3 honduran milksnakes
1 jungle carpet python
1 northern pine snake

Birds:
2 zebra finches
2 pacific parrotlets.... mr. beaks and mrs. beasly

Rodents:
8 rats... plus 8 of their very cute offspring :)

Fish:
14 small freshwater fish tanks... with various species of apistogramma, mudskipper, fiddler crabs, and shell dwelling african cichlids. and 1 reef tanks, and 2 marine fish tanks. oh and i can't forget the 110 and 55 gallon saltwater reef tanks that aren't up and running just yet >.<

ummm yeah... you can kinda tell what my second hobby is LOL.

Posted: 02 Nov 2006, 07:38 AM

0.0 how do you take care of all those animals!?!?!

that's amazing!

Posted: 03 Nov 2006, 12:51 PM

Holy Mackerel! And I thought I had a menagerie! Wow!

-- BK

Posted: 05 Nov 2006, 11:15 PM

I don't know how I manage to take care of them all >.< I just enjoy working with critters a lot!

lol and to think it all started two years ago with one silly little pacman frog...

Posted: 15 Nov 2006, 12:23 PM

Let's see, since I've been banned by the huisband from taking in any more abandoned animals..

We only have 1 cat, Twilight aka Twiggy, who I found as a stray when she was 6 months old (she's 11 now)

Galen, a Sheltie, he's uhm, 5-ish? I'm not 100% sure, he too was a rescue, his owner decided after a year that a long-haired dog was too much trouble

We also have 3 ferrets, Ten-Chi, a male sable, approx 2.5 yrs old, who belonged to my brother in law before he moved
Sprite, an albino female, who's now 4 years old, who was adopted from a ferret shelter approx 2 hours from my house
Lucifer, a large sable male with white toes, he's 1.5 now. He and his twin brother were abandoned at the shelter by some carnival folk, so we named them Barnum & Bailey. Barnum was adopted by another couple, and we took Bailey, and promptly renamed him to Lucifer to fit his personality. he is the "boneless ferret" as he's the only one (despite being over 3 lbs) who can squeeze under doors and so on.

Over the years I've had a cockatiel, gerbils, anoles and another cat, but the above's all we currently have.
I keep telling hubby there's room for more ferrets in our giant cage but he says no :(

Posted: 16 Nov 2006, 08:27 AM

Got an hour to kill. Why not? cracks knuckles Okayyy....

Dogs

-The first was this one stupid black dog we had for about 2 years. He would always break through his chain and run 2 miles to a little restaurant to eat the bones they threw out. After about four times of this happening, we switched to a half-inch steel chain and he still chewed through it. I don't know what happened to him. Stopped paying attention to him 2 weeks after we got him.

-Numbers 2 and 3 were twin puppies. Male. I don't remember how they looked or their names since I never cared enough to notice.

-Number 4 was this little piece of that ran away 2 days after we go him.

-Number 5 also ran away. I think he was a black Chihuahua with white spots? Like I said, never cared enough to notice.

-Our current dog is a manila colored chow mix... another male... It will be his 6th birthday tomorrow.

-I wanna get a FEMALE collie someday. One that will maul anyone that tries to get near me or anything belonging to me. insert evil face here Finally I can have a pet I want and not one that's forced on me. Emphasis on I

Fishes

-We started out with 7 gold fish, then my ...mother... put our baby shark in with them while she changed the water in his tank. When she went back to retrieve him, all the gold fish were gone and he had swelled up like a balloon.

-I'm planning on buying 2 of them little sharks that hide in the sand and swoop when I feed them, I dunno, hamburger meat? :P

Small aminals (Yeah, thats right. Aminals)

-I think we have one. Lemme check...Yep. Black with white spots. Don't care about this pet either, as you can probably tell.

-Saving up to buy these 2...........cute........twitches weasels in the pet store I saw the other day. 600 dollars well spent if you ask me. Though you probably wont. Might not even read this post eh?

Pets..
Posted: 21 Nov 2006, 09:05 AM

I've had a lot of pets in my little life of 19 years. Hedgehogs, a bat, finches, iguanas, cats (probably 15 at one time), guinea pigs (at least 15 at one time), ferret, dogs, rabbits, fish, turtles, snakes, lizards, frogs, sea urchins, star fish, crabs, possums, racoons, a king fisher, and pretty much anything else hurt or homeless.

Me and my mom had a bad habit of housing lost, abandoned, or hurt animals. A lot of the above we had at the same time. However, right now I only have two pets. After a not so happy move I had to give away all the animals I had, except for my cat. : (

(Would love Lainburt's house - Reptiles and amphibians are my favorite. :])

Anyway, I currently have in my possesion..

A brown and black striped female tabby cat named Ginger - Who is the only feline who has the grace of a dog..and thinks all humans are required to speak cat! She becomes quite annoyed if she's talking to you and you don't meow back.

I also have a baby iguana that was caught on Boca Grande. He looks 'similar' to a green iguana (the variety the pet store usually carries), but he's a much bolder emerald green color and looks a tad different phsyically. So, i'm not quite sure what species he is (or if it's really a he since I don't care enough to find out). Might be an adaptation of another species since supposdely there are varieties of iguanas there that exist nowhere else. Anyway, he's not liking the cold very much and has been burying himself in the bedding by his heat rock to keep warm. As of yet he remains nameless, but I was pondering 'Dhamon' as a name for him. : )

Tabz

Posted: 16 Feb 2007, 09:42 AM

Okay, so we all know what pets people have, but what do they do?

These two cats - Tiger the bullcat and Tux the Himalayan - are driving me mad. The last two nights, they've suddenly gotten playful at 1:00 in the morning and constantly yowl at each other for almost an hour straight. Nothing will shut them up! Argh! And I've heard that cats aren't even supposed to meow for each other, they meow as a way to communicate with humans. See if I do them any favours anytime soon.

Posted: 16 Feb 2007, 10:43 PM
Jinx:
Okay, so we all know what pets people have, but what do they do?

These two cats - Tiger the bullcat and Tux the Himalayan - are driving me mad. The last two nights, they've suddenly gotten playful at 1:00 in the morning and constantly yowl at each other for almost an hour straight. Nothing will shut them up! Argh! And I've heard that cats aren't even supposed to meow for each other, they meow as a way to communicate with humans. See if I do them any favours anytime soon.

Oh no...

I hadn't heard that about cats. When I was still at school and would bring my cat (D'Argo) home with me one of my parent's cats (Noir) would immediately start calling for him as soon as I got in the door, and wouldn't stop until I let D'Argo out of his carrier to run down to meet her :S lol

Now that I'm living with my parents again D'Argo's taken to jumping up on the window sill in my mum's room at 6:00 am and pacing... and scratching at her rather expensive blinds. So I get woken up every morning by my mum yelling at him =/

Posted: 17 Feb 2007, 10:58 AM

Hehe, how cute. When my family was living in Washington, our cat Missie loved to play with my grandparents' cat Muffy. Fortunately, I sufficiently bothered Tux and Tiger enough from sleeping yesterday that they were quiet last night.

Posted: 27 Sep 2007, 02:07 PM

I have a Blue Crowned Conure named Blue Beard...
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9578/blueko8.jpg

A Hamster named Noel Pidge McFluffernutter (Pidge for short)...
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6694/0602071650hc0.jpg

And a Giant Schnauzer named Thunder (He is possessed I tell ye!)...
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5609/picture0023ml.jpg

Posted: 27 Sep 2007, 06:34 PM

Lovely conure. How hard is it to care for it?

Posted: 27 Sep 2007, 07:36 PM

Thanks! :D

He is super easy to care for, specially if you were to be deaf. :x (Conures are the loudest species of parrot, they scream just to scream sometimes. =_=)

Page 1 of 2 :: Viewing 1-25 of 38