Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-22 of 22
Unable to make comments. - Started by: The-Wizard-of-Zaar
Unable to make comments.
Posted: 28 May 2024, 01:17 PM

Unable to make comments.

RE: Unable to make comments.
Posted: 29 May 2024, 12:48 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 29 May 2024, 12:49 AM.
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Unable to make comments.

Testing...

Edit: Works for me

Posted: 29 May 2024, 02:23 AM

+1. I tried to leave a comment on this picture and was redirected to the "Content Unavailable" error message.

Posted: 29 May 2024, 02:28 AM
Cynicallia:
+1. I tried to leave a comment on [this picture](https://side7.com/content/q09vL2KE8O) and was redirected to the "Content Unavailable" error message.

Gave you the 404 yeh?

I haven't tried to upload anything yet, but hoping this issue doesn't effect that for the meantime.

But I have to pump up my people.

Like @Camazotz, congratulations on lining up University!

Posted: 29 May 2024, 03:27 AM

Clear your cache for Side7, I was having trouble last night and that's been the advice to fix it.

Posted: 29 May 2024, 04:21 AM

Cynicallia:
+1. I tried to leave a comment on [this picture](https://side7.com/content/q09vL2KE8O) and was redirected to the "Content Unavailable" error message.

For once a Jedi is right about something.

Posted: 29 May 2024, 04:21 AM

JediPrincess:

Clear your cache for Side7, I was having trouble last night and that's been the advice to fix it.

That did the trick.

Thank you kindly.

Posted: 29 May 2024, 05:41 AM
Cynicallia:

Oh I thought people meant in the forums.

Yeah image commenting has been down since the beginning of the week.

Posted: 29 May 2024, 01:58 PM

chaseawaythedark:
Oh I thought people meant in the forums. Yeah image commenting has been down since the beginning of the week.

If you clear your browser's cache for Side 7, that will be fixed.

-- BK

Posted: 30 May 2024, 03:16 PM
BadKarma:

chaseawaythedark:
Oh I thought people meant in the forums. Yeah image commenting has been down since the beginning of the week.

If you clear your browser's cache for Side 7, that will be fixed.

-- BK

I'm having the same issue, but clearing my cache doesn't seem to work for me personally, nor does holding Shift and reloading the page. Even after doing that, I can't comment anywhere. Am I just using a bad browser?

Posted: 30 May 2024, 04:32 PM

Shadane:
I'm having the same issue, but clearing my cache doesn't seem to work for me personally, nor does holding Shift and reloading the page. Even after doing that, I can't comment anywhere. Am I just using a bad browser?

What browser and OS are you using?

-- BK

Posted: 30 May 2024, 04:35 PM
BadKarma:

Shadane:

What browser and OS are you using?

-- BK

I'm using Vivaldi 6.7.

Posted: 30 May 2024, 04:40 PM

Shadane:
I'm using Vivaldi 6.7.

Thanks. Investigating.

-- BK

Posted: 30 May 2024, 04:50 PM

Okay, using Vivaldi 6.7, I cannot reproduce the error. But I did research on how to do a hard reload of a web page in Vivaldi and it's CTRL+F5. See if that works for you.

-- BK

Posted: 30 May 2024, 09:20 PM
BadKarma:

Okay, using Vivaldi 6.7, I cannot reproduce the error. But I did research on how to do a hard reload of a web page in Vivaldi and it's CTRL+F5. See if that works for you.

-- BK

Sadly it did not. I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong, if anything.

Posted: 30 May 2024, 10:18 PM

Shadane:

What exactly is happening when you try to comment? Does the editor not display? Or do you get a 404? Or is there some other error?

-- BK

Posted: 30 May 2024, 10:45 PM
BadKarma:

Shadane:

What exactly is happening when you try to comment? Does the editor not display? Or do you get a 404? Or is there some other error?

-- BK

The comment editor displays just fine, but I do get a 404 when I attempt to post it, and the comment doesn't appear when reloading the page.

Posted: 30 May 2024, 11:41 PM

Shadane:
The comment editor displays just fine, but I do get a 404 when I attempt to post it, and the comment doesn't appear when reloading the page.

This is so puzzling. I can't recreate the issue, even with using Vivaldi and Firefox. Clearing cache is the fix for this issue because it's giving a 404 on trying to load the old javascript files which aren't there anymore. I've got one other thing to try to see if this will help. I'll let you know when it's ready.

-- BK

Posted: 30 May 2024, 11:46 PM
BadKarma:

Shadane:

This is so puzzling. I can't recreate the issue, even with using Vivaldi and Firefox. Clearing cache is the fix for this issue because it's giving a 404 on trying to load the old javascript files which aren't there anymore. I've got one other thing to try to see if this will help. I'll let you know when it's ready.

-- BK

I did clear my cache and for some strange reason it did nothing. Maybe I should switch browsers and see if that does anything.

Posted: 30 May 2024, 11:51 PM

Shadane:
BadKarma:

-- BK

I did clear my cache and for some strange reason it did nothing. Maybe I should switch browsers and see if that does anything.

Okay, I've updated a couple of things. See if it will work for you now.

-- BK

Posted: 31 May 2024, 02:27 AM

BadKarma:

Shadane:
BadKarma:

-- BK

Okay, I've updated a couple of things. See if it will work for you now.

-- BK

Yep, it works now. 👍

Posted: 31 May 2024, 02:46 AM

Shadane:
Yep, it works now. 👍

Yay! Finally! Glad that did the trick.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-22 of 22