Page 2 of 7 :: Viewing 26-50 of 164
What Are You Playing Now? - Started by: migucast
Posted: 18 Sep 2006, 06:58 AM

I want to play Star Fox.. ;; But I'm not allowed to buy anything for myself until after Christmas... ;;

STILL playing Original Generation. Mission 41. Took out Rogue Squadron 2 for the first time in a long time (actually... I rented it when the GameCube launched but never got around to buying it... Until recently, when I picked it up for a mere $15 but I never even opened the shrinkwrap until the other night). Forgot how HARD it was... >_< I'm surprised I got as far as the second Death Star on a weekend rental... Now, I'm having trouble just FINIDING the TIEs on the screen... Considering I haven't played it since launch... I must be REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL rusty at it.

Posted: 19 Sep 2006, 07:23 AM
Spinner:
spaz:
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix ~ I've been playing at my friend's house, and have been dying to have it, but I don't have a game cube.

I would get DDR for PS2 but I don't have a dance pad, nor can I afford it or the game.

Seems like it'd be easy cheesy to get DDR for ps2 used somewhere... the dance pad I'm not too sure about XD

Well, I'm jobless which means that I'm broke :D so I don't think that I could afford the game, unless it was like... a dollar. The cheapest I've seen it for is, I thikn, $30 used at a flea market.
I also did see a dance pad for xbox used at the same place for $20. I was tempted to ask if they had one for PS2, but I didn't bother.

Posted: 19 Sep 2006, 09:49 AM

Haven't been gaming much lately surprisingly. I've been playing Runescape off and on, but as for console games..

Fire Emblem - Path Of Radiance and Monster Hunter were the last games i've played. Been addicted to Solitare on my ipod at work though.. nothing to do on breaks. XD

I never friggin win though.. I usually hit menu by accident and restart my game.. -,-;

Tabz

Posted: 20 Sep 2006, 03:51 AM

Just finished Original Generation. Ryusei Path. The final battle was much easier than I was expecting it to be, but if I hadn't coordinated my troops well enough to take out the boss in two turns, it could've been a LOT nastier! Now, I COULD go back and play the Kyosuke path... But... I feel like taking a break from it... F-Zero or Final Fantasy...? Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Whom will take the GBA slot in my DS?

:Fire Emblem - Path Of Radiance

I really need to buy and play that... :\ Beat the first US one... Half way through the second one... Wanted this one for Christmas but didn't get it.

Posted: 22 Sep 2006, 02:50 PM

I just got a copy of Star Fox Assault last night. Mechanically, the game is really really good (jumping between vehicles and ground combat is so yes), but as far as the characters go it lacks something which the preceeding games had (not counting Adventures which I didn't play because I'm not really into that kind of fantasy). It seems like their personalities are all sort of watered down. I mean, since when does Falco say things like "I'm sorry you had to see such bad flying, Fox" when you save him? Since when does he CARE what Fox thinks of his flying? xD I thought that was the joke about them. And Peppy never yells at anyone ;_;. When you destroy whatever vehicle he sends you he's just like "oh...well, ok...here's another one" (not a direct quote, but you get me). Krystal does a little of that, but she isn't old or southern or very cool (plus she doesn't yell at Fox xD) so it doesn't make up for it at all. Instead of making me smile it makes me feel sorry for Slippy because he gets nagged all the time by some girl xD

So yes. Entertaining but not particularly Engaging.

Posted: 23 Sep 2006, 04:23 AM

:It seems like their personalities are all sort of watered down. I mean,
:since when does Falco say things like "I'm sorry you had to see such bad flying,
:Fox" when you save him? Since when does he CARE what Fox thinks of his flying?
:xD I thought that was the joke about them.

Maybe he's calmed down a little and trusts Fox more now? I just figured in the years between 64 and Assault, he grew up a little.

:And Peppy never yells at anyone ;;. When you destroy whatever vehicle he
:sends you he's just like "oh...well, ok...here's another one" (not a direct quote,
:but you get me).

O
O When has Peppy ever yelled at anyone? I know I haven't played 64 in a while, but I don't remember him ever yelling at Fox or even Slippy... He always seemed like the calm balance between Falco's hot headedness and Slippy's stupidity.

:So yes. Entertaining but not particularly Engaging.

My only real complaint with Assault was that you couldn't choose your way through the game, all the stages were linear. :( Well, I also wasn't thrilled with all the "All Range" mode on-foot stuff. The Landmaster was a lot more fun in the forced scrolling stages of 64 (and a lot more durable too. :p). Still, I wasn't expecting or ready for all the twists and turn in the story. I won't say anymore since I don't know if you've made it to the end or not, but there were at LEAST a couple, "Oh, GOD, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" moments in there. :p

Posted: 23 Sep 2006, 04:39 AM
migucast:
:It seems like their personalities are all sort of watered down. I mean,
:since when does Falco say things like "I'm sorry you had to see such bad flying,
:Fox" when you save him? Since when does he CARE what Fox thinks of his flying?
:xD I thought that was the joke about them.

Maybe he's calmed down a little and trusts Fox more now? I just figured in the years between 64 and Assault, he grew up a little.

I'll buy that he's grown up a little. I just don't buy that he seeks Fox's approval >_o

migucast:
:And Peppy never yells at anyone ;_;. When you destroy whatever vehicle he
:sends you he's just like "oh...well, ok...here's another one" (not a direct quote,
:but you get me).

O_O When has Peppy ever yelled at anyone? I know I haven't played 64 in a while, but I don't remember him ever yelling at Fox or even Slippy... He always seemed like the calm balance between Falco's hot headedness and Slippy's stupidity.

"DO A BARREL ROLL"
"DON'T MESS UP THAT ARWING"

haha, he was never mean per se, but definitely gruff.

:So yes. Entertaining but not particularly Engaging.

migucast:
My only real complaint with Assault was that you couldn't choose your way through the game, all the stages were linear. :( Well, I also wasn't thrilled with all the "All Range" mode on-foot stuff. The Landmaster was a lot more fun in the forced scrolling stages of 64 (and a lot more durable too. :p). Still, I wasn't expecting or ready for all the twists and turn in the story. I won't say anymore since I don't know if you've made it to the end or not, but there were at LEAST a couple, "Oh, GOD, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" moments in there. :p

I dunno. It's hard to bring myself to care...maybe it's that as I've grown up I've grown past "videogame storyline". I still have one stage to go though, so maybe it'll pick up.

Posted: 23 Sep 2006, 05:18 AM

:I'll buy that he's grown up a little. I just don't buy that he seeks Fox's approval
:>_o

Yeah, I doubt that too. Maybe he's no longer mad at Fox saving him and has turned his annoyance inward and his now angry at himself for requiring rescue. :p But then again... People do change... I guess Command will really tell how much he's changed since I've heard it has a far more complex storyline.

:haha, he was never mean per se, but definitely gruff.

Well, if Falco has "grown up", it's only fair that Peppy has "grown old". Or, "older", anyway. :p Since he doesn't fly anymore maybe he's on medication to reduce his blood pressure or something. There's also the fact that in 64, Fox was still young and Peppy probably felt he had to yell to get his point across. Two games later, Fox probably doesn't need such babysitting anymore.

:I dunno. It's hard to bring myself to care...maybe it's that as I've grown up I've
:grown past "videogame storyline". I still have one stage to go though, so maybe
:it'll pick up.

Well, if you don't care at this point, then I doubt you will at all in the end, anyway. [SHRUGS]

Posted: 05 Oct 2006, 10:29 PM

Curses. I could have had a new GBA game or two. There was a sale this week for Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Yoshi's Island Advance, and the Super Mario Bros. 2 and original arcade game, each for $15, but we checked two stores yesterday and they were sold out of all of them. Guess I'm back to waiting for my electronics to come up here. At least I got Star Wars: A New Hope. Now just need Empire and Return of the Jedi... and that'll make four different versions of the original trilogy in the house.

RE: What Are You Playing Now?
Posted: 21 Oct 2006, 11:03 PM

I'm starting Kingdom Hearts 2; and I recently finished Grandia 3. I'm waiting for Metal Gear Solid 4 and Devil May Cry 4 to come out.

Posted: 10 Nov 2006, 07:12 PM
Athos:
Tetris DS and Animal Crossing Wild World!

I FINALLY cleared 200 lines at level 20. It was so nice.

... and City of Heroes. ^_^

Hey athos ive got tetris ds two whats your friend code?
i'll give you mine as soon as i get tertis back from my g/f

Posted: 15 Nov 2006, 05:18 AM

Currently playing online skirmishes on C&C Generals, Zero Hour.

tetris and metroid prime hunters friend code
Posted: 22 Nov 2006, 03:46 PM
Posted: 22 Nov 2006, 03:49 PM

hey my tetris friencode is 007181 960425
my metroid prime hunters friendcode is 1160-4361-4380

current game i'm actualy playing super princess peach and it rulles hard!!!!

Posted: 01 Dec 2006, 03:59 AM

Twilight Princess, Solomon's Key (via VC), and I just got Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2! XD

RE: What Are You Playing Now?
Posted: 17 Jan 2007, 11:00 AM

Septerra Core: Legend of the Creator. Vexing, but fun. Thank the Lady for walkthroughs!

What Am I Playing?
Posted: 21 Jan 2007, 03:52 AM

Fallout Tactics (PC) and The Settlers of Catan (analog) both oldies but goodies.

Posted: 09 Apr 2007, 12:06 PM

We actually have a system now, whoohoo! It's just borrowed, but it's awesome having games again. Mostly playing Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Tennis. Still trying to unlock characters in Smash Bros. At least I should finally get my Playstation back in a couple months. Hard to believe that system's ten years old now.

Posted: 09 Apr 2007, 01:41 PM

Once in a blue moon, when I have time, I play:

• City Of Heros (Pinnacle & Justice servers, mostly Pinnacle) (PC)
  • Homeworld 2 (anyone for multiplayer?) (PC)
  • Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat (again, anyone for multiplayer?) (PC)

Otherwise, I have purchased, but have not installed:

• Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (PC)
  • WarCraft 3 BattleChest (PC)

Oh, and occasionally, when I just want to veg in front of the TV:

• KillSwitch (PS2)
  • Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (PS2)
  • Wind Waker (GC)
  • Ratchet & Clank series (PS2)
  • GTA: San Andreas (PS2)

-- BK

Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 09:29 AM

We have a Game Cube now, YAY! Working on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, entirely too much this week.

Posted: 29 Jul 2007, 04:58 AM

Pokemon Blue on GB SP.

Posted: 31 Jul 2007, 12:24 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 31 Jul 2007, 12:25 AM.

Transformers The Game...provided I can ever figure out how to start a game.

Posted: 31 Jul 2007, 03:21 AM

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

Posted: 31 Jul 2007, 02:56 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 31 Jul 2007, 02:56 PM.

City of Heroes/City of Villains (PC)
Homeworld 2 (PC)
Half-Life2/HL2: Episode 1 (PC)
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within (PS2)
Destroy All Humans (PS2)
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)

-- BK

Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 09:42 AM

Finally beat Crystal Chronicles and Soul Calibur II and Spy Hunter aren't keeping my interest so well... guess it's time to pick up Golden Sun or Fire Emblem for GBA.

Page 2 of 7 :: Viewing 26-50 of 164