Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Worldbuilder dreaming of creating video games - Started by: Chaos-Mirror
Worldbuilder dreaming of creating video games
Posted: 04 Mar 2022, 03:15 PM

First introduction on here in years? Nerve wracking! Anyway, Just joined after my friend, Cynicallia told me about the site. Started building an online presence years ago only to lose internet and am returning after an eternity. Heard it was quiet but that's a welcome change from the heavy competition the other sites hold. Do have a DA account, reluctantly rejoined after my old account was hacked, can't say I like the site anymore. Also have an FA, Newgrounds, and Toyhouse, all set up within the year. ^^; Please forgive my naivety with how the net has changed, there's so much to relearn.

Yes, I really enjoy creating worlds be they completely original or AUs(less common) and do have hopes of creating games. Hope to find new friends here and new ideas.

RE: Worldbuilder dreaming of creating video games
Posted: 06 Mar 2022, 02:55 AM

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard. :)

I also build worlds, but mostly tabletop role playing games.

-- BK

Posted: 13 Mar 2022, 10:29 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 24 Sep 2023, 12:29 AM.

Posted: 06 Apr 2022, 07:36 PM

Hello! Nice to see some new faces around here (though I haven't posted in long enough that I probably count as a new face myself). Your line art and coloring are really dynamic and cool. Cheers!

Posted: 07 Apr 2022, 03:43 AM

Greetings. Yes, Cynicallia is correct, this place can be very quiet. I've taken a look at some of your work, and it looks great! I look forward to seeing more.

Posted: 21 Apr 2022, 10:46 AM

Going to reply to everyone here. Thanks for welcome and sorry it took me forever to get back to the forums. Been here and gone due to so much work...

@BadKarma I feel honored to have the admin of the site welcome me and comment/critic my work. Would be fun to learn about the worlds you build. Never built for or played tabletops but admit they hold my interest. Also...tried posting literature though it loaded wrong. Noted you stated the type of file to upload but I'm less familiar with writing programs. Use Libre. Do you know how to save files in that program so it won't upload funny?

@FeralGrinn and fragmented-imagination. Thanks for your kind words! Will comment and look over more art from others here just looking to eliminate the pile of commissions first. For now, just doing fly by faves to show appreciation. More art certainly coming!

Posted: 24 Apr 2022, 12:35 AM
Chaos-Mirror:
[@BadKarma](/u/BadKarma/gallery) I feel honored to have the admin of the site welcome me and comment/critic my work. Would be fun to learn about the worlds you build. Never built for or played tabletops but admit they hold my interest.

My biggest success has been writing my own TTRPG (which will be going on sale soon). It's a sci-fi universe, set about 400 years from now. Humans, transhumans, engineered humans, and a mechanical race populate the colony worlds of Earth, which has vanished.

Quote:
Also...tried posting literature though it loaded wrong. Noted you stated the type of file to upload but I'm less familiar with writing programs. Use Libre. Do you know how to save files in that program so it won't upload funny?

I'm not terribly familiar with Libre, specifically. Usually, there's an option to turn off "Smart Punctuation" or 'Fancy Punctuation' in most modern word processors. The other option is to export to .txt, but then you lose formatting like bold, underline, etc. For the record, Smart Punctuation is a massive problem across the board when doing document translation/manipulation. It involves multi-byte characters that are not always UTF8 compliant, and aren't always handled the same way. So, translation is inconsistent.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7