Page 10 of 15 :: Viewing 226-250 of 369
So DeviantArt is committing suicide... - Started by: Thorvald
RE: So DeviantArt is committing suicide...
Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 11:59 PM
AmberzArtz:
Well if you call innocent people out then it's a deserved imo

But if they're innocent, then it's not deserved. Do people deserve to be "exposed" as horrible people simply because they drew actually amazing art in a program as limited as Microsoft Paint? That's just an example, but it actually happened, and it led to the artist in question being doxxed.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 12:35 AM
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
But if they're innocent, then it's not deserved. Do people deserve to be "exposed" as horrible people simply because they drew actually amazing art in a program as limited as Microsoft Paint? That's just an example, but it actually happened, and it led to the artist in question being doxxed.

I'm sorry did you misinterpreted what I said?

It's okay if you did lol

What I said was "if you call innocent people out it's deserved" as in the punishment is deserved.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 12:39 AM
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Funny story: short but sweet Okay so If you make call-out posts on horrible people over on DA you get banned lol Happened to me and a few others. Though I recently got unbanned. Cyberbullying is still a huge thing there. People are horrible! When I was still a minor it got to the point I had to go to the hospital (you can guess why but I won't blatantly say it) Then people thought I faked it which added on. Mainly after that I went inactive on DA for a long while. Stayed on Discord. Only recently Have I been posting to DA (until yesterday)
You and me both. I can't make this any shorter, but it's still a TL;DR version of my own story, which I might share soon as I start getting more comfortable talking about it. If I made call-out journals against actual rule breakers, it got taken down, but a call-out made against me was allowed to stay up for years that discussed really old drama that was already resolved years ago mixed with new drama to make it look like I wasn't trying to change, my boyfriend was called my alt because they couldn't accept that someone would actually date me of all people, and it included my real first name and last name, which the writer posted all over the site. The journal seems to be gone now, and I think the third reason is why it got removed, but it didn't stop my address from getting leaked later on, and something horrible happening IRL as a direct result. I had trouble finding work as long as the journal was up, because it came up whenever a background search was done, and my would-be boss told me to get lost every time. It didn't help that I had stalkers chasing me all over the internet, keeping tabs on me everywhere I go, and screenshotting comments they _think_ are heinous enough to hammer down the final nail, and the screenshots just showed me _politely_ asking for proof of a YouTuber I used to support allegedly doing something wrong. The rumor got debunked anyway, not that they give a damn, they just wanted to slay the dragon. (It's me, I'm the dragon, hello.) I was also hospitalized after I experienced that same "ideation", because I felt so hated, that I thought the world would be a better place without me in it, to which I was also accused of faking, and I was forced to show my hospital wrist bands as proof, to which they responded by accusing me of doxxing myself, despite all personal information being censored.

OH MY GOD YEAH! I was accused of faking it but I was NOT showing my wrist bands 😭 I'm so glad I had actual friends who cared though! They've stayed w me through a lot! Honestly through hell and back.

Glad you're seemingly better tho 💯 lol

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 12:39 AM
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
I'm sorry did you misinterpreted what I said? It's okay if you did lol What I said was "if you call innocent people out it's deserved" as in the punishment is deserved.

Maybe I did, because it sounded like you were saying the innocent person deserved all of the grief that comes with it, rather than the culprit. I'm sorry about that.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 12:41 AM
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
I'm sorry did you misinterpreted what I said? It's okay if you did lol What I said was "if you call innocent people out it's deserved" as in the punishment is deserved.
Maybe I did, because it sounded like you were saying the innocent person deserved all of the grief that comes with it, rather than the culprit. I'm sorry about that.

oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 12:52 AM
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-

That mistake aside, the fact that so many other DA users went through similar situations as me kind of shows how much of a problem it's become. I remember seeing a comment a few years back about how someone's friend was harassed by another person into actually ending themselves, and when they reported the culprit in question, one of the staff at the help desk told them that the victim has to report it, they can't. How do they expect someone that passed away to message them? I'm still trying to find the comment, provided it wasn't hidden by DA.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:04 AM
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
That mistake aside, the fact that so many other DA users went through similar situations as me kind of shows how much of a problem it's become. I remember seeing a comment a few years back about how someone's friend was harassed by another person into actually ending themselves, and when they reported the culprit in question, one of the staff at the help desk told them that the victim has to report it, they can't. How do they expect someone that passed away to message them? I'm still trying to find the comment, provided it wasn't hidden by DA.

Honestly I'm surprised DA hasn't gotten sued or looked into. Sad because it used to be at least decent before.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:19 AM

The crap dA's been pulling since Eclipse is why I've finally decided to start finding other places to produce (and maybe make money from) my art... this is factoring in that I'm actually part of their promotional thing for Halloween right now.

A lot of the community is highly toxic, dA doesn't regulate really anything and does things regardless of the majority begging them not to, and with the AI bloat it's even more impossible for smaller creators to get anywhere with their work. It's no wonder more and more people hop off there and move elsewhere with every new stupid decision they make.

I can't drop dA completely since a few people I actually care about still post there, but once they leave I'll have literally no reason to stay; even with me being part of the promotional thing, I've only gained a few followers from it, and the adopt I made still hasn't sold...

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:20 AM
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
Honestly I'm surprised DA hasn't gotten sued or looked into. Sad because it used to be at least decent before.

I think they're getting sued for art theft due to their DreamUp AI, but they can be sued for allowing bullying to go unpunished on their platform, if someone is up to the task that is.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:27 AM
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
I think they're getting sued for art theft due to their DreamUp AI, but they can be sued for allowing bullying to go unpunished on their platform, if someone is up to the task that is.

I wonder if they will also possibly get sued for their "Exclusives" feature, for being too close to the concept of NFTs... at least that's what people have made since introducing the concept.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:35 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 26 Oct 2023, 01:35 AM.
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
I wonder if they will also possibly get sued for their "Exclusives" feature, for being too close to the concept of NFTs... at least that's what people have made since introducing the concept.

If you mean the feature that allows users to make their art visible to members only, then probably not, because it's the artists' right to do what they want with their art, as disappointed as I am to be too poor to afford to see some of it, because the money I do get goes towards bills. If it's a different feature that I don't know about, then for that reason, I have no idea.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:35 AM
ValeriaAbsinthe:
The crap dA's been pulling since Eclipse is why I've finally decided to start finding other places to produce (and maybe make money from) my art... this is factoring in that I'm actually part of their promotional thing for Halloween right now. A lot of the community is highly toxic, dA doesn't regulate really anything and does things regardless of the majority begging them not to, and with the AI bloat it's even more impossible for smaller creators to get anywhere with their work. It's no wonder more and more people hop off there and move elsewhere with every new stupid decision they make. I can't drop dA completely since a few people I actually care about still post there, but once they leave I'll have literally no reason to stay; even with me being part of the promotional thing, I've only gained a few followers from it, and the adopt I made still hasn't sold...

Sadly same. Most of my friends still use the site. Mainly for the point feature as they're either still minors or are unable to get PayPal or something at the moment.

I have like 700 followers...so I can't exactly leave all of them hanging but I did make a post stating I won't be using points or posting to DA anymore but I will still b lurking and favoriting art I like lol

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:38 AM
AmberzArtz:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
The crap dA's been pulling since Eclipse is why I've finally decided to start finding other places to produce (and maybe make money from) my art... this is factoring in that I'm actually part of their promotional thing for Halloween right now. A lot of the community is highly toxic, dA doesn't regulate really anything and does things regardless of the majority begging them not to, and with the AI bloat it's even more impossible for smaller creators to get anywhere with their work. It's no wonder more and more people hop off there and move elsewhere with every new stupid decision they make. I can't drop dA completely since a few people I actually care about still post there, but once they leave I'll have literally no reason to stay; even with me being part of the promotional thing, I've only gained a few followers from it, and the adopt I made still hasn't sold...
Sadly same. Most of my friends still use the site. Mainly for the point feature as they're either still minors or are unable to get PayPal or something at the moment. I have like 700 followers...so I can't exactly leave all of them hanging but I did make a post stating I won't be using points or posting to DA anymore but I will still b lurking and favoriting art I like lol

I think minors are allowed to own Paypal accounts if their parents are managing it for them, but if not, then that's a bit discriminatory if you ask me, because minors still do commission art, usually to help their parents with financial issues. The point feature is pretty useless nowadays, because you need to be a core member to even use them, and you risk being banned for "scamming" if you move donated points to another account, and then try to convert them into physical cash like another kid did.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:51 AM
Shadane:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
If you mean the feature that allows users to make their art visible to members only, then probably not, because it's the artists' right to do what they want with their art, as disappointed as I am to be too poor to afford to see some of it, because the money I do get goes towards bills. If it's a different feature that I don't know about, then for that reason, I have no idea.

Nah, that's the premium gallery feature. The Exclusives feature is this crap here: https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/Exclusives-Buy-sell-and-resell-unique-art-984715615 A lot of people are saying it's basically NFTs without the blockchain. Only Core members can use it anyway, so yeah

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 01:54 AM
AmberzArtz:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Sadly same. Most of my friends still use the site. Mainly for the point feature as they're either still minors or are unable to get PayPal or something at the moment. I have like 700 followers...so I can't exactly leave all of them hanging but I did make a post stating I won't be using points or posting to DA anymore but I will still b lurking and favoriting art I like lol

I recently hit 250 watchers... but most of them are either inactive or otherwise never provide feedback on anything I do, even if I ask for feedback, so I'm not losing anything of substance for just hopping off without a word. Which is unfortunate, but it's kinda what I'm used to at this point

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 02:19 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 26 Oct 2023, 02:20 AM.
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
Nah, that's the premium gallery feature. The Exclusives feature is this crap here: [https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/Exclusives-Buy-sell-and-resell-unique-art-984715615](https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/Exclusives-Buy-sell-and-resell-unique-art-984715615) A lot of people are saying it's basically NFTs without the blockchain. Only Core members can use it anyway, so yeah

Ooh, yeah that doesn't look good at all. Also, when did they announce that DeviantArt now supports adoptables? People have sold those for as long as art sharing sites were a thing on the internet! They don't need DA's permission to sell adoptables, we can do that whenever we want.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 03:39 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 26 Oct 2023, 03:39 AM.
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
Nah, that's the premium gallery feature. The Exclusives feature is this crap here: [https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/Exclusives-Buy-sell-and-resell-unique-art-984715615](https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/Exclusives-Buy-sell-and-resell-unique-art-984715615) A lot of people are saying it's basically NFTs without the blockchain. Only Core members can use it anyway, so yeah

worse, the Exclusives feature are tends to be used by AI art prompters in Deviantart

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 03:40 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 26 Oct 2023, 03:41 AM.
ValeriaAbsinthe:
AmberzArtz:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
I recently hit 250 watchers... but most of them are either inactive or otherwise never provide feedback on anything I do, even if I ask for feedback, so I'm not losing anything of substance for just hopping off without a word. Which is unfortunate, but it's kinda what I'm used to at this point

this may also happened to me

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 05:06 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 26 Oct 2023, 05:08 AM.

I did use my new account for something, but as you can tell by the descriptions of every image shared there, I'm obviously not the one posting them, it's just PostyBirb sharing it as I set it up to do. I did comment a few times, mostly just playful trolling and goofing around, but I don't think I'm going to be there for very long. I just decided to post a few things, and once I'm done, that's it. DeviantArt lost all of its usability, at least in my opinion, and if the staff continue to do nothing, or just keep adding useless or bad features, I can expect it becoming a ghost town in the very near future with the worst case scenario being that it shuts down due to lack of funding from nearly nobody using it anymore. I can barely even run the site on my PC due to the layout, but I could use a new computer in general, even if it means being forced to get used to Windows 11. I did notice that Wanabby took Spyed's place as the site's current founder, although the fact that it got this bad kind of shows that he seemingly doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 06:00 AM
Shadane:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
Ooh, yeah that doesn't look good at all. Also, when did they announce that DeviantArt now supports adoptables? People have sold those for as long as art sharing sites were a thing on the internet! They don't need DA's permission to sell adoptables, we can do that whenever we want.

The only reason they introduce these "features" is to leech money off people as much as physically possible, since they take a percentage of profits regardless... not realizing that most of this pisses people off, and locking a lot of this behind the paywall that is Core doesn't really help either. Only reason I'm using the stupid feature for some of my designs is because I'm contractually obligated for this event... not that anything I make sells anyway, but still lmao

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 06:02 AM
Masonicon:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
Shadane:
AmberzArtz:
oh GOD NO 😭 IT'S OKAY-
worse, the Exclusives feature are tends to be used by AI art prompters in Deviantart

God, yeah... AI prompters ruin everything, and actually bully and threaten anyone who won't consider them real artists. If you want to be considered a real artist, pick up a f**king pen and draw something, typing a series of words into a program and have it print out results (stealing elements of other people's work to do so) isn't art >.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 06:07 AM
Shadane:
I did use my new account for something, but as you can tell by the descriptions of every image shared there, I'm obviously not the one posting them, it's just PostyBirb sharing it as I set it up to do. I did comment a few times, mostly just playful trolling and goofing around, but I don't think I'm going to be there for very long. I just decided to post a few things, and once I'm done, that's it. DeviantArt lost all of its usability, at least in my opinion, and if the staff continue to do nothing, or just keep adding useless or bad features, I can expect it becoming a ghost town in the very near future with the worst case scenario being that it shuts down due to lack of funding from nearly nobody using it anymore. I can barely even run the site on my PC due to the layout, but I could use a new computer in general, even if it means being forced to get used to Windows 11. I did notice that Wanabby took Spyed's place as the site's current founder, although the fact that it got this bad kind of shows that he seemingly doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing.

Yeah, dA overall has become a train wreck, and aside from being paid to participate in this event (which I still have yet to see at this moment in time), they haven't really done anything to help me build a business on my work. I feel like even if I had a massive portfolio and such, I'm gonna have to try and set a business up elsewhere, if I ever want to see actual traction.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 09:35 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 26 Oct 2023, 09:41 PM.
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
Yeah, dA overall has become a train wreck, and aside from being paid to participate in this event (which I still have yet to see at this moment in time), they haven't really done anything to help me build a business on my work. I feel like even if I had a massive portfolio and such, I'm gonna have to try and set a business up elsewhere, if I ever want to see actual traction.

I never got enough tractions even before Deviantart become a trainwreck

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 11:53 PM

there's chance that today's deviantart forum's Politics board can make 4chan's /pol/ looks tame in comparison

Posted: 27 Oct 2023, 12:38 AM
Masonicon:
ValeriaAbsinthe:
Shadane:
I never got enough tractions even before Deviantart become a trainwreck

Honestly, me either. I'm an outcast in most communities, and any time I call out a toxic and manipulative person, they flip it on me and say I'M the one that's toxic... and while I won't claim I'm good, I don't pretend to be buddy-buddy with people and kiss ass for attention.

Page 10 of 15 :: Viewing 226-250 of 369