Page 9 of 15 :: Viewing 201-225 of 369
So DeviantArt is committing suicide... - Started by: Thorvald
RE: So DeviantArt is committing suicide...
Posted: 22 Oct 2023, 03:39 PM
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Soft drinks will be forbidden to the rest of you!

I need to drink more hot tea instead tbh, soft drinks have too much sugar.

Posted: 22 Oct 2023, 03:48 PM
N0-11:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:

Hkpptuuh.

Where do you think you derive your power from?

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 05:09 AM
N0-11:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:

Yeah, at least in the part of Soft Drinks having too Much sugar

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 05:12 AM
Shadane:
Masonicon:
if Deviantart is too adamant to take down it's #supportforisrael, then Indonesia(and Malaysia) blocking of deviantart can be forever
That very well might be.

I see

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 07:16 AM

I thought you guys would have figured out.

Deviantart isn't committing suicide, it is suicide. It's like a drug that turns you into a chronic loser.

Who here of DA members that have left for some time and not gone back.

Tell me don't feel better.

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 10:15 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 23 Oct 2023, 10:15 AM.
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
I thought you guys would have figured out. Deviantart isn't committing suicide, it is suicide. It's like a drug that turns you into a chronic loser. Who here of DA members that have left for some time and not gone back. Tell me don't feel better.

I can't lie, I do feel better not actually using DA as a platform and sharing my content with Postybirb instead, but I think calling any and all active users chronic losers is a bit much, especially since many of us former users started off as children. I shared my old, childhood art there, got chased off for being a young, beginner artist, so I can only imagine how adult beginner artists are treated. However, I just came there to have fun and share art, follow artists I supported at the time for their art, and share my stuff with my friends, not knowing that the cringe cult would harass me over my past art instead of ignoring it and moving on. If anything, I'd say the bullies bashing on beginner artists are the real losers here.

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 12:20 PM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 23 Oct 2023, 01:09 PM.
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
I thought you guys would have figured out. Deviantart isn't committing suicide, it is suicide. It's like a drug that turns you into a chronic loser. Who here of DA members that have left for some time and not gone back. Tell me don't feel better.

I mostly only post on DA, but not as much as I used to, I like posting my art on here more anyways, and I don't think every DA user is a chronically online loser either, unless you count people that only rant and rave about Politics and societal problems that never get resolved ever or people who still make fill-in-memes and etc. (I also started my DA since 2014)

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 03:52 PM

We have all been victimized by Deviantart.

We here on Side7 are the lucky few, we have seen the light and we must establish a pious nation of artists here.

We must facilitate the liberation of those still bound in the shackles of Deviantart!

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 05:58 PM
Shadane:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
I can't lie, I do feel better not actually using DA as a platform and sharing my content with Postybirb instead, but I think calling any and all active users chronic losers is a bit much, especially since many of us former users started off as children. I shared my old, childhood art there, got chased off for being a young, beginner artist, so I can only imagine how adult beginner artists are treated. However, I just came there to have fun and share art, follow artists I supported at the time for their art, and share my stuff with my friends, not knowing that the cringe cult would harass me over my past art instead of ignoring it and moving on. If anything, I'd say the bullies bashing on beginner artists are the real losers here.

Well I haven't seen anyone here picking on beginner artists HERE as of yet.

And that would be very disappointing to see. In my mind, the loser is the AI user, then so called artists who take no joy in the creation of art and just settle for the long hanging fruits of online drama and politics... Makes me feel all the worse for people who are so busy they can barely doodle, because that's a tough time for an artist.

Yet I see people who have all day to hang out on twitter or DA or what have you... Haven't uploaded anything new in years. Haven't tried anything new with their art.

Once again, the group stated before who are so consumed with real life issues and responsibilities, that are just thankful for a chance to make something new.

I saw people with exceptional talent and ability, or even people with a unique style and ideas to offset their lack of skill... The social, online drama aspect of sites like DA; just got the claws in them and suddenly art became irrelevant for them.

I know people from other sites/platforms than DA who also went down this route. Or the first mentioned path of being this detractor of others out of some superiority complex.

But I found DA particularly bad for it.

It's good for example, someone like yourself; who's experienced a lot of hostility and nonsense on DA. Was able to break away from it and focus on the original pursuit - Art.

It's why I like this site in general; vast majority of people are proper heartfelt artists. Even some of the people who don't have the time to get busy with art often seemingly at least try to upload one or two new things a year.

Others are not so lucky.

But I don't like grifters in art communities.

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 09:35 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 23 Oct 2023, 09:36 PM.

I feel so much better being on here than DA, I haven’t visited it’s forums, and I’m still never looking back and I thought artists wasting their time on Twitter sucked to see. (I wish I’m joking about this, I’m so glad I’m making visual social commentary art honestly.) (Grifters suck in general tbh.)

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 09:44 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 23 Oct 2023, 09:45 PM.
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
We have all been victimized by Deviantart. We here on Side7 are the lucky few, we have seen the light and we must establish a pious nation of artists here. We must facilitate the liberation of those still bound in the shackles of Deviantart!

yeah, even when myself waiting for a bunch of Unfinished requests in Deviantart was the reason I'm stuck with DA

and some people that I did ask for requests did moves on from even my requests

also, other artsites including upcoming ones such as Artspacious can makes me complete my redemption from request-spamming

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 09:48 PM

I salvaged even my Deviantart stamps into this site, as I wait for Artspacious to open it's doors

Posted: 23 Oct 2023, 10:42 PM
N0-11:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
I mostly only post on DA, but not as much as I used to, I like posting my art on here more anyways, and I don't think every DA user is a chronically online loser either, unless you count people that only rant and rave about Politics and societal problems that never get resolved ever or people who still make fill-in-memes and etc. (I also started my DA since 2014)

I hope I'm not a loser for this, but I originally considered making fill-in memes, but actually drawing the images instead of stealing them from big animation companies and slapping them on the picture, I dropped the idea when I saw how much hate even hand drawn fill-in memes got.

Posted: 24 Oct 2023, 01:44 AM
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Shadane:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Well I haven't seen anyone here picking on beginner artists HERE as of yet. And that would be very disappointing to see. In my mind, the loser is the AI user, then so called artists who take no joy in the creation of art and just settle for the long hanging fruits of online drama and politics... Makes me feel all the worse for people who are so busy they can barely doodle, because that's a tough time for an artist. Yet I see people who have all day to hang out on twitter or DA or what have you... Haven't uploaded anything new in years. Haven't tried anything new with their art. Once again, the group stated before who are so consumed with real life issues and responsibilities, that are just thankful for a chance to make something new. I saw people with exceptional talent and ability, or even people with a unique style and ideas to offset their lack of skill... The social, online drama aspect of sites like DA; just got the claws in them and suddenly art became irrelevant for them. I know people from other sites/platforms than DA who also went down this route. Or the first mentioned path of being this detractor of others out of some superiority complex. But I found DA particularly bad for it. It's good for example, someone like yourself; who's experienced a lot of hostility and nonsense on DA. Was able to break away from it and focus on the original pursuit - Art. It's why I like this site in general; vast majority of people are proper heartfelt artists. Even some of the people who don't have the time to get busy with art often seemingly at least try to upload one or two new things a year. Others are not so lucky. But I don't like grifters in art communities.

Nobody likes grifters, they think they're better than everyone else, and they profit off of bringing down their fellow peers. There's nothing good about them. I can expect DeviantArt going the way of MySpace, where it's still online and fully functional, but mostly empty because everyone moved on, due to the site no longer being usable, or at least usable for its intended purpose due to all of the unnecessary, even site-breaking changes, and the hostile environment it harbors due to poor moderation.

Posted: 24 Oct 2023, 02:04 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 24 Oct 2023, 02:05 AM.
Shadane:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Shadane:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Well I haven't seen anyone here picking on beginner artists HERE as of yet. And that would be very disappointing to see. In my mind, the loser is the AI user, then so called artists who take no joy in the creation of art and just settle for the long hanging fruits of online drama and politics... Makes me feel all the worse for people who are so busy they can barely doodle, because that's a tough time for an artist. Yet I see people who have all day to hang out on twitter or DA or what have you... Haven't uploaded anything new in years. Haven't tried anything new with their art. Once again, the group stated before who are so consumed with real life issues and responsibilities, that are just thankful for a chance to make something new. I saw people with exceptional talent and ability, or even people with a unique style and ideas to offset their lack of skill... The social, online drama aspect of sites like DA; just got the claws in them and suddenly art became irrelevant for them. I know people from other sites/platforms than DA who also went down this route. Or the first mentioned path of being this detractor of others out of some superiority complex. But I found DA particularly bad for it. It's good for example, someone like yourself; who's experienced a lot of hostility and nonsense on DA. Was able to break away from it and focus on the original pursuit - Art. It's why I like this site in general; vast majority of people are proper heartfelt artists. Even some of the people who don't have the time to get busy with art often seemingly at least try to upload one or two new things a year. Others are not so lucky. But I don't like grifters in art communities.
Nobody likes grifters, they think they're better than everyone else, and they profit off of bringing down their fellow peers. There's nothing good about them. I can expect DeviantArt going the way of MySpace, where it's still online and fully functional, but mostly empty because everyone moved on, due to the site no longer being usable, or at least usable for its intended purpose due to all of the unnecessary, even site-breaking changes, and the hostile environment it harbors due to poor moderation.

and there's possibility that even Myspace itself will be more functional than even Deviantart itself being the new Myspace

Posted: 24 Oct 2023, 02:07 AM
Shadane:
N0-11:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
I hope I'm not a loser for this, but I originally considered making fill-in memes, but actually drawing the images instead of stealing them from big animation companies and slapping them on the picture, I dropped the idea when I saw how much hate even hand drawn fill-in memes got.

also, fill-in memes that stole pics from big animation companies was hegelian dialectic for copyright nazis. not to mention these fill-in memes can be illegal as shit in proper artsites

Posted: 24 Oct 2023, 05:03 AM
Masonicon:
Shadane:
N0-11:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
also, fill-in memes that stole pics from big animation companies was hegelian dialectic for copyright nazis. not to mention these fill-in memes can be illegal as shit in proper artsites

That's exactly why I think it's better to draw them by hand instead. I hate that DA got rid of the option to report stolen art if it's not your own IP. What if the artist being victimized passed away?

Posted: 24 Oct 2023, 06:32 AM
Shadane:
Masonicon:
Shadane:
N0-11:
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
That's exactly why I think it's better to draw them by hand instead. I hate that DA got rid of the option to report stolen art if it's not your own IP. What if the artist being victimized passed away?

what also happens if artworks made by deceased artists used by DreamUp?

that was the reason I delete Eddsworld style representative(of my takes on style challenge) from DA back when Dreamup comes out there

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 02:02 PM
Funny story: short but sweet

Okay so If you make call-out posts on horrible people over on DA you get banned lol

Happened to me and a few others. Though I recently got unbanned. Cyberbullying is still a huge thing there. People are horrible! When I was still a minor it got to the point I had to go to the hospital (you can guess why but I won't blatantly say it)

Then people thought I faked it which added on. Mainly after that I went inactive on DA for a long while. Stayed on Discord. Only recently Have I been posting to DA (until yesterday)

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 05:28 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 25 Oct 2023, 05:30 PM.

I'm going to be real with you for a little bit Amberz, how is Discord any better? (I use Discord to run a server that I might move to Matrix one day tbh) I've been hearing negative things about Discord now, and Discord's admins are being lazybones as usual. (You guys can call me Cynical Cindy if you want, I don't mind.)

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 05:49 PM

well I run a discord server for mainly friends...only recently made a public one. So I mainly only stayed with said group lol

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 10:45 PM
AmberzArtz:
Funny story: short but sweet Okay so If you make call-out posts on horrible people over on DA you get banned lol Happened to me and a few others. Though I recently got unbanned. Cyberbullying is still a huge thing there. People are horrible! When I was still a minor it got to the point I had to go to the hospital (you can guess why but I won't blatantly say it)

is this different story if you make call-out post on innocent people on Deviantart?

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 11:49 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 26 Oct 2023, 12:00 AM.
AmberzArtz:
Funny story: short but sweet Okay so If you make call-out posts on horrible people over on DA you get banned lol Happened to me and a few others. Though I recently got unbanned. Cyberbullying is still a huge thing there. People are horrible! When I was still a minor it got to the point I had to go to the hospital (you can guess why but I won't blatantly say it) Then people thought I faked it which added on. Mainly after that I went inactive on DA for a long while. Stayed on Discord. Only recently Have I been posting to DA (until yesterday)

You and me both. I can't make this any shorter, but it's still a TL;DR version of my own story, which I might share soon as I start getting more comfortable talking about it. If I made call-out journals against actual rule breakers, it got taken down, but a call-out made against me was allowed to stay up for years that discussed really old drama that was already resolved years ago mixed with new drama to make it look like I wasn't trying to change, my boyfriend was called my alt because they couldn't accept that someone would actually date me of all people, and it included my real first name and last name, which the writer posted all over the site. The journal seems to be gone now, and I think the third reason is why it got removed, but it didn't stop my address from getting leaked later on, and something horrible happening IRL as a direct result. I had trouble finding work as long as the journal was up, because it came up whenever a background search was done, and my would-be boss told me to get lost every time. It didn't help that I had stalkers chasing me all over the internet, keeping tabs on me everywhere I go, and screenshotting comments they think are heinous enough to hammer down the final nail, and the screenshots just showed me politely asking for proof of a YouTuber I used to support allegedly doing something wrong. The rumor got debunked anyway, not that they give a damn, they just wanted to slay the dragon. (It's me, I'm the dragon, hello.) I was also hospitalized after I experienced that same "ideation", because I felt so hated, that I thought the world would be a better place without me in it, to which I was also accused of faking, and I was forced to show my hospital wrist bands as proof, to which they responded by accusing me of doxxing myself, despite all personal information being censored.

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 11:50 PM

Well if you call innocent people out then it's a deserved imo

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 11:52 PM
AmberzArtz:
Well if you call innocent people out then it's a deserved imo

But most of the call-outs I used to make and some of my friends made all got deleted! Mind you the people that was called out was - p_dos - thieves - tracers - harassment

But only reason those were posted was because the DA staff did literally nothing when we reported said people. (And still haven't)

Page 9 of 15 :: Viewing 201-225 of 369