Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-16 of 16
The old slow cooker. - Started by: The-Wizard-of-Zaar
The old slow cooker.
Posted: 28 Nov 2022, 09:38 AM

Do ye have one?

And what de ye cook in it?

If you own a slow cooker and you don't use it... You're goin to jail buddy.

RE: The old slow cooker.
Posted: 28 Nov 2022, 12:14 PM

I have one. I make Mongolian Chicken, BBQ Pork, and a variety of other dishes.

-- BK

Posted: 28 Nov 2022, 12:36 PM

Hoy'yoy...

I heard of Mongolian beef.

Never heard of no Mongolian chicken.

Good chomp?

I've had Mongolian beef at Chinese joints before... But having seen what Mongolians actually eat, definitely more like the Central Asian grub (Obviously)

So don't feel like I've ever had legit Mongolian beef. A lot of the Chinese restaurants around here are either run by people from the East coast of China or Malaysian Chinese diaspora...

I've had Uyghur a few times, these guys I used to know ran a chain of restaurants called Dolan Uyghur... It was weird stuff; it was like Afghan food tweaked to cater to Han Chinese in Australia.

Thing I've noticed with Turkic/Mongolian cuisine... As much as they love their meat, they also love their dairy. Makes sense for a cattle herding tradition...

What do you think of mushrooms?

Posted: 28 Nov 2022, 04:11 PM
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Good chomp?

Yeah, it's pretty tasty. I have had no illusions that it's not authentic Mongolian food, but it's delicious all the same.

Quote:
What do you think of mushrooms?

Mushrooms are good eating. Haven't met a(n edible) mushroom I didn't like, yet.

-- BK

Posted: 28 Nov 2022, 10:13 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 28 Nov 2022, 10:13 PM.

Well.

You if like mushrooms.

Then we're best buddies... And I don't have to kill any hostages.

Posted: 29 Nov 2022, 06:06 PM

...What sort of esoteric cult did I stumble into? D:

Posted: 29 Nov 2022, 07:46 PM

Hamala damala the Prishmatha 🙏

Posted: 01 Apr 2023, 12:03 PM

I don't right now, but I will, I found one for 20 quid, which isn't bad considering I've seen them go up as much as 90 quid...
I plan to make all sorts of things, stews, casseroles, whatever. Oh and I want an air fryer too, I heard those are good.

Posted: 01 Apr 2023, 12:52 PM

Love our slow cooker. Love our air fryer. Want to get a larger one. But, I won the one we have, so no complaints. :)

-- BK

Posted: 01 Apr 2023, 07:38 PM

I do have one! As my cooking skills are more along the lines of trying not to blow things up (my cookies can double as hockey pucks, my attempts at gravy have made great wallpaper paste), I've actually made two recipes in mine - and they've actually been edible!!!!!

Did have an air fryer but those things are seriously noisy, which isn't great when another in the household works the night shift. Did manage not to incinerate the steaks I fixed in it!

Posted: 01 Apr 2023, 07:57 PM
SheevraSidhe0274:
Did have an air fryer but those things are seriously noisy, which isn't great when another in the household works the night shift. Did manage not to incinerate the steaks I fixed in it!

Huh. Ours is quieter than our microwave. I guess it depends upon the model. Something to think about when we go shopping for a larger one.

-- BK

Posted: 02 Apr 2023, 09:39 PM

Did someone say air fryer?

Posted: 02 Apr 2023, 11:45 PM

ROFL! That was great. And not so far from the truth.
-- BK

Posted: 03 Apr 2023, 09:44 AM

Air fryers are fucked.

Posted: 03 Apr 2023, 02:05 PM

Ahahahaha!

Posted: 03 Apr 2023, 08:08 PM

The joke at our house when the air fryers first started gaining more notice was 'how do you want your air fried and what sides do you want with it?"

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-16 of 16