Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-8 of 8
a feature for journal/blog entries - Started by: Camazotz
a feature for journal/blog entries
Posted: 19 Mar 2023, 05:30 AM

first i’d like to apologize for my poor english lol-

i’d like a feature for journal/blog entries that would be separate from literature posts,, these would be displayed in the user’s profile in its own section, something like DA or Weasyl where people can post life updates, notes announcements and stuff like that

i hope i explained it well -

RE: a feature for journal/blog entries
Posted: 19 Mar 2023, 05:32 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 19 Mar 2023, 05:32 AM.

omg i typed my explanation but it didn’t show - did i do something wrong? sorry it’s my first time doing a forum post- as the title says i’d like to suggest a feature to be able to do blog posts like in DA or weasyl, text posts that are displayed in the main profile, these could work as life/status updates, or blogs

Posted: 19 Mar 2023, 05:34 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 19 Mar 2023, 05:34 AM.

omg i typed my explanation but it didn’t show - did i do something wrong? sorry it’s my first time doing a forum post (nvm i see what i had to do))

- as the title says i’d like to suggest a feature to be able to do blog posts like in DA or weasyl, text posts that are displayed in the main profile, these could work as life/status updates, or blogs

Posted: 19 Mar 2023, 01:47 PM

Thank you for your suggestion. :)

Journal/Blog entries on the profile page are in the works. They will be released in an upcoming update.
-- BK

Posted: 16 Apr 2023, 05:04 PM

Following up on Patch 5.16, I'd like to suggest ways to make Journals easier to find:
* Tab on the user header bar & forum ID, as per 'Profile' & 'Gallery";
* Shortcut to 'Manage Journals' on Profile page;
* Shortcut straight to journal creation in the right-hand drop-down menu;
* Front page feed for recent submissions.
Most of these should be easy, though the feed might take more work to figure out thumbnails; I was surprised by how they're basically buried unless you're actively digging for them.

Posted: 17 Apr 2023, 02:19 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 17 Apr 2023, 02:21 AM.

All good ideas. See, this is what happens when it's a one-person-coding show. Having those extra eyes and experiences on new features helps make them better. Thanks, I will add this to my list for v5.16.3. FWIW, there is a Journal tab on the user header bar when that user has made at least one journal entry.
-- BK

Posted: 17 Apr 2023, 04:13 PM
BadKarma:
FWIW, there is a Journal tab on the user header bar when that user has made at least one journal entry.

Huh, so there is. Apparently you just don't see it browsing your own page. :p

Posted: 17 Apr 2023, 05:49 PM
Thorvald:
Huh, so there is. Apparently you just don't see it browsing your *own* page. :p

Strange. It should still show for you. I'll check into that.
-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-8 of 8