Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
H-hewwo? - Started by: TeaLeo
H-hewwo?
Posted: 21 Apr 2023, 11:27 PM

New here and just wanted to use the forums =v=

I've been struggling to find a new art site that really clicks with me after the.. um.. DA change. Though I gotta say this one is looking promising! I love the different options for interactions (the #1 thing I've been missing!) and forums?? Helloooooo! ✨👌

I'm in the middle of mass uploading right now, and learning how profiles work here. But I'm excited to browse the full website soon ovo/

Speaking of, I feel kinda dumb, but how do you follow others? Or is it just sending friend invites?
And how do you add images to your bio? I've been using the but it's not showing. Is it a paid-for feature?

RE: H-hewwo?
Posted: 23 Apr 2023, 09:18 PM

Welcome aboard! As I've remarked to [checks notes] everyone I can after last November, it feels criminal S7's flown under the radar for so long.

As you have probably been informed (but I'll repeat here for public reference), there are two tracks for "watching" users: "Friends" and "Followers". Friend requests are made on a user's profile page, are reciprocal, and have a dedicated feed. Followers are like dA Watches and done from a submission's page, linked in the right hand statistics; Followed users' works appear in the Museum.

Strictly speaking, embedded images and other formatting tricks aren't actually supported for the profile bio (yet) but are users brute-forcing HTML. Expanded profile customization was pitched some months ago, but remains a work in progress.

Posted: 23 Apr 2023, 11:16 PM

@Thorvald Thank you! ovo/ gotta agree, I"m enjoying the layout of this site and how easy it is to discover new & upcoming artists - one of my biggest gripes I have with other big named art sites. Since they're all algorithm based, you kinda get lost in 1 type of style/theme/etc. Really hard to discover new things there imo.

Ah, thank you so much! I was struggling to find the "followers" since it was under their submissions. I was thinking it would live on their profile page and I was missing something.
Also good to know! I'll roll with it as is for now then~ Excited to see what is added in the future :>

Posted: 24 Apr 2023, 02:45 AM

Welcome to Side 7! Anything you need, just ask; someone is bound to answer.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4