Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Mermay - Started by: EvieJulia
Mermay
Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 02:27 AM

So there's this thing that some fantasy illustrators do, and it's something I might participate in this year. Mermay. Kinda like the Inktober thing a lot of people do for the month of October, except the aim/goal is...every day for the month of May, you must draw a mermaid. At least one. Like all different kinds/species, in different poses, scenarios, etc.

I was just wondering if anybody else is familiar with it, or has done it before, be it here or on another website, and if so, how did you get on with it? And if not, is it something you'd consider?

RE: Mermay
Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 04:22 AM

It sounds like something to try. I don't know about drawing one every day, but I might be able to do a weekly thing.

Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 09:47 AM
fragmented_imagination:
It sounds like something to try. I don't know about drawing one every day, but I might be able to do a weekly thing.

Hrusticks.

Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 11:48 AM

I’d give it a shot : P

Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 04:21 PM

MerMay is one I've always thought about doing, but I usually have something planned for June, so I tend to... not try anymore lol.

But last year, I got interest and shares for Junicorn challenge in the Art Project Help forum! https://www.side7.com/forums/group/18

This year, I'm spending May planning/thumbnailing for NaNoMangO, so I'll be sitting MerMay out again, but I hope you succeed in your challenge. :3

Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 04:40 PM

Okay so I only heard of this term a couple days ago and I thought it was in a recent upload, but the only gallery return is a piece from 2022 and now I'm going insane trying to track it down. O_o

Posted: 28 Apr 2023, 01:10 PM

Sounds reasonable. :)

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7