Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5
A way to unsubscribe from thread updates? - Started by: Fihyn
A way to unsubscribe from thread updates?
Posted: 05 Jun 2023, 05:36 AM

I posted on the DA-committing-suicide thread a while back when the topic was different than it has grown to be, but I still get regular updates phrased such as "there is a new post on a forum thread you are active on" for it despite the fact that I'm no longer active on it. c: could there be a feature to allow one to unsubscribe from thread updates if you'd like?

RE: A way to unsubscribe from thread updates?
Posted: 05 Jun 2023, 12:08 PM

That's a good idea. I'll try to work that into the next site update.

-- BK

Posted: 05 Jun 2023, 02:20 PM

thanks so much! ^u^

Posted: 06 Jun 2023, 06:32 AM

I was going to suggest this, too. The auto-subscribing with no way to escape is discouraging me from talking to new people, and I feel awful about it. Non-direct, impersonal notifications don't mix well with my weird brand of OCD, though, so I hold back.

When this area of the site gets worked on, I'd also like to suggest that when a user clicks a forum link from their notifications, it should jump to the page and post in that thread where they were last active so they can continue reading where they last left off. It's kind of backwards that clicking into a thread (for the first time) brings the user to the last page/post, instead of the first, and that when they check their notifs, they see the first page/post. Both scenarios require additional navigation, to the front or to the back.

Posted: 06 Jun 2023, 03:36 PM
Quote:
When this area of the site gets worked on, I'd also like to suggest that when a user clicks a forum link from their notifications, it should jump to the page and post in that thread where they were last active so they can continue reading where they last left off. It's kind of backwards that clicking into a thread (for the first time) brings the user to the last page/post, instead of the first, and that when they check their notifs, they see the first page/post. Both scenarios require additional navigation, to the front or to the back.

Yeah, I noted that bug, too. It's supposed to take you to the page/post that the notification was based on. It's in the next update as well. It's a big annoyance.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5