Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-24 of 24
Latest submissions aren't showing up on profile - Started by: DetectiveRJ
Latest submissions aren't showing up on profile
Posted: 14 Jul 2023, 10:23 PM

Hello!

I do apologise if the reason for this is fairly obvious or if I've messed up somewhere but my submissions do not appear to be showing up on my profile and instead it is showing that I have "not submitted any art, yet'. Again, it may be that I've messed up on the submission process somewhere or overlooked something so I would appreciate some guidance on how to fix this please. ^^;

Thank you for your time. I'm enjoying the site thus far. c:

RE: Latest submissions aren't showing up on profile
Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 12:01 AM

I noticed that, too. I saw your post was on the Main Page, but I like to check out new members first, so I went to read your bio before looking at any new uploads. I thought it was weird because I definitely saw the resemblance in the latest art (that you drew) and your avatar, but your gallery was empty.

Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 12:02 AM

Never mind, they're now showing up. My apologies for jumping the gun. c:

Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 12:04 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 15 Jul 2023, 12:06 AM.
Cynicallia:
I noticed that, too. I saw your post was on the Main Page, but I like to check out new members first, so I went to read your bio before looking at any new uploads. I thought it was weird because I definitely saw the resemblance in the latest art (that you drew) and your avatar, but your gallery was empty.

And yeah, I saw they were being featured on the main page too and they were also in my gallery as they should be (for me, at least) so it was like ??? lol

But it appears to have now rectified itself so it's all good now. c:

Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 12:08 AM

Oh, yee! Nice that it caught up. Anyway, again, welcome to Side7! It's always good to see new people here.

Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 01:19 AM

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. Welcome to the site, though. I'll look into why your posts were so delayed.
-- BK

Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 01:58 AM
BadKarma:
I'm sorry you ran into this issue. Welcome to the site, though. I'll look into why your posts were so delayed.
-- BK

It's no problem! Thank you so much for offering to look into it, though. And thanks again, I'm enjoying this place so far. 8D

Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 10:06 PM

I've noticed this myself, and I'm guessing the profile widgets use cache data that only updates with the server clock. Favourites thumbnails are randomized but a brand-new user can presumably test if they lag the same way.

Posted: 15 Jul 2023, 10:24 PM
Thorvald:
I've noticed this myself, and I'm guessing the profile widgets use cache data that only updates with the server clock. Favourites thumbnails are randomized but a brand-new user can presumably test if they lag the same way.

Yeah, it is doing it again with my recent posts. Yesterday there was a delay of around two or so hours but that's a guess. My favourites seem to be working without delay when I add things to it, however, if that's of any help. c:

Posted: 16 Jul 2023, 10:50 AM

Nothing much to add, but I ended up having the same issue, but they seem to of popped in now!

Posted: 16 Jul 2023, 04:14 PM
DetectiveRJ:
Yesterday there was a delay of around two or so hours but that's a guess.

Aye, the server clock is synced to Greenwich Mean Time and there are currently no options for user-end offsets, so depending where you are you'll notice the time stamps don't match your local clock. Given the time this thread was posted (22:23) v. when the thumbs reportedly updated (00:02), it looks like a cache thing. Unfortunately I normally clock out before then, else I'd do a stakeout. :P

Posted: 16 Jul 2023, 10:23 PM
Thorvald:
Aye, the server clock is synced to [Greenwich Mean Time](https://greenwichmeantime.com/) and there are currently no options for user-end offsets

Check your Edit Profile page, you'll find that you can set your timezone there. That will affected all displayed timestamps, matching them to the timezone set.

-- BK

Posted: 16 Jul 2023, 10:36 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 16 Jul 2023, 10:43 PM.
BadKarma:
Thorvald:
Aye, the server clock is synced to [Greenwich Mean Time](https://greenwichmeantime.com/) and there are currently no options for user-end offsets

Check your Edit Profile page, you'll find that you can set your timezone there. That will affected all displayed timestamps, matching them to the timezone set.

-- BK

Unfortunately, when I set my timezone as you instruct, it only comes up with "Europe/London", which sets the clock to British Summer Time as opposed to Greenwich Mean Time, as BST is an hour ahead due to daylight savings. idk if this has anything to do with the bug as I'm not well versed in this kind of thing but just making you aware! I'll see if using another timezone to match it makes a difference tho. c:

edit: nope, no dice. oof

Posted: 16 Jul 2023, 10:59 PM
DetectiveRJ:
Unfortunately, when I set my timezone as you instruct, it only comes up with "Europe/London", which sets the clock to British Summer Time as opposed to Greenwich Mean Time, as BST is an hour ahead due to daylight savings. idk if this has anything to do with the bug as I'm not well versed in this kind of thing but just making you aware! I'll see if using another timezone to match it makes a difference tho. c:

Well, damn. Fortunately, the timezone/timestamp change is display-only. Everything server-side is set to GMT for consistency. I still haven't figured out what is causing the delay. So, walk me through what's happening.

You upload some art, and it takes up to two hours to display on your profile page?

-- BK

Posted: 17 Jul 2023, 12:45 AM
BadKarma:
DetectiveRJ:

Well, damn. Fortunately, the timezone/timestamp change is display-only. Everything server-side is set to GMT for consistency. I still haven't figured out what is causing the delay. So, walk me through what's happening.

You upload some art, and it takes up to two hours to display on your profile page?

-- BK

That's correct!

It displays completely fine on the main page and on the gallery page but not on the actual profile widget. c:

Posted: 17 Jul 2023, 12:54 PM

Thanks. The investigation continues!

-- BK

Posted: 17 Jul 2023, 03:39 PM
BadKarma:

I must be doing something wrong because the only options I've ever seen are "Select One" and "UTC". :X

Posted: 18 Jul 2023, 01:05 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 18 Jul 2023, 01:08 AM.
Thorvald:
I must be doing something wrong because the only options I've ever seen are "Select One" and "UTC". :X

Sounds like you don't have your country set. :/

Those two are linked, otherwise the list of offsets/timezones is flippin' enormous. Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY
-- BK

Posted: 18 Jul 2023, 06:37 PM

Oh yeah with timezones, it should be synced all to a specific timezone for the whole servers. UTC is standard.
Then if timezones for the user's eyes only are desire, on the client-side there can be a conversion for the user's selected timezone.
It's best to use a library or web service to calculate relativity of timezones because sometimes they are changed by changing regulations.
As long as the local timezone is for "user view" and doesn't affect the database, no serious issues should occur.

Posted: 19 Jul 2023, 02:15 AM

Precisely. :)
-- BK

Posted: 29 Aug 2023, 09:08 PM

Just popping in to say that it finally happened to me, and sharing what I've tried.

My latest drawing ("Ref: Sundown") was uploaded nearly sixteen hours ago, but it doesn't appear on my profile as a Recent Submission. I suspected that the bug might have been triggered because the classification is "Work in Progress" rather than "Finished Work." I tested that, though, and it didn't provide any answers. I changed a different picture to each classification option, but it remained on my profile regardless. I also changed the classification of the newest, delayed picture from WIP to FW, but that didn't force it through.

As far as I know, this is the first time that it's affected my account. (I have a type of OCD that makes me constantly re-read and edit my writing, so I'm often bouncing between my bio and my art submissions, hunting for typos and such. I never noticed a missing picture until now.)

Posted: 30 Aug 2023, 12:22 PM

Thank you for the head's up. It's a bug on my list to be attacked as soon as v5.18 is out.
-- BK

Posted: 27 Oct 2023, 09:58 PM

I don't know if anybody else has reported this so my bad if you've already been made aware but this bug is now fixed for me. Thank you for taking the time to see to it - keep up the good work! c:

Posted: 27 Oct 2023, 10:03 PM

Rock on! Thanks!
-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-24 of 24